Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “My Happiest Season.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.My happiest season? It’s totally a toss up between spring and autumn for me. Since I live in Michigan, spring is a welcome relief to winter – but comes rather late and gives way to summer way too early for my liking. Autumn is such a relief to the heat of summer, so I look forward to the crisp temperatures, changing of the leaves, and lots of apple cider. My project for you today brings me back to my original papercrafting love – scrapbooks! Using the beautiful, new designer paper, Gilded Autumn with Brushed Metallic Foil paper, I made a small A6 mini album with a cover to keep it protected. Forever Fern stamp set was a great choice to pair it with that beautiful DSP! Keep reading if you are interested in making one for yourself or someone you love.
My Secrets to Making This Forever Fern Mini Album
- When my children were small, I decided to make scrapbooks for them. I had quite the learning curve back then but gradually got the supplies I needed to make something I thought they would enjoy looking back at someday. Then, they became teenagers! Ugh, no more photos!! So, that is when I discovered stamping and making cards. A whole new learning curve, but, when I joined the Stampin’ Pals under Mary Fish, this talented group gave me the encouragement and inspiration I needed. That was 9 years ago and I have loved every minute!!
- I really like the elegance of this mini album and it would make a pretty wedding gift. You can definitely modify it for whatever occasion you choose!
- The pages of this mini album were created by cutting 4 pieces of Whisper White cardstock at 6 1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- I cut 2 pieces of vellum at 6″ x 4 1/2″ and on the 6″ side, scored at 3.” Two holes were made to thread ribbon through, once the album was completed. This vellum was centered and adhered to the open side of the Whisper White cardstock, leaving a very small space between the fold and the edge of the Whisper White cardstock.
- To make the pages, I cut:
- 8 pieces of Mint Macaron at 4 1/4″ x 6″
- DSP #1 (page 1 and pages 4 and 5): 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (1), 2″ x 6″ (2),
- DSP #2 (page 2, 3 and last page): 4″ x 5 3/4″ (1), 2″ x 6″ (2)
- DSP #3 (pages 6, 7): 2″ x 6″ (this DSP was colored with Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends)
- I cut the coordinating Metallic Foil paper to layer behind each piece of DSP
- Then, I cut 8 pieces of Whisper White with the Stitched Rectangle die
- I adhered them together, staggering the panels so that the mini album wouldn’t be too thick in any one spot.
- The leaves from Forever Fern stamp set were stamped with Soft Suede ink – some were stamped off to give a little variety of color saturation. When they were adhered to the pages, I only put adhesive on the side that would not touch the Whisper White panel. In doing that, I can easily slide a photo underneath the leaf.
Mini Album Cover
- This cover is purely to keep the actual album safe and secure, but why not make it pretty? I cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock just a little bit bigger than the album – 6 1/2″ by 12.” I wanted it to be able to hold the album once there were photos inside, so it was scored at 3,” 3 1/2,” 8 1/2,” and 9.”
- I made the front panel, cutting the DSP at 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and layered it onto the foil.
- The sentiment from Dandelion Wishes was stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped with the Stitched Nested Label die.
- This is where it got a little dicey but I will share my little secret. I decided to make the panel a little more stable by attaching to the vertical foil piece. This served another purpose as well – it enabled me to place it in the middle of the card front. The glitch was that the back of the foil sheet overlapped the Mint Macaron cover so I could see it on the inside. My secret was adding the Gilded Autumn DSP to the inside flaps and feel like it turned out great.
- The leaves were adhered to the front panel on top of the Basket Weave ribbon (25″). Then, I adhered down the gold trim and and placed the sentiment with dimensionals on top.
Elegant designs in earthy colors. Copper foil and gold foil on some designs. Some designs in the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper pack can be cut out using Stampin’ Up! punches. This high-quality printed paper is excellent scrapbook paper, card making paper, and more. Pack includes various autumn-themed images, prints, and patterns. It’s a great choice for cards and projects. This papercrafting staple is great scrapbook paper, card making paper, and more!
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 9th when our theme is “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” The Design Team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <== YOU ARE HERE!
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies