Yay! Time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday. I REALLY love the theme for this one and you will, too – “Make a Criss Cross card.” As many fun fold styles as I have done, I have never done this one before and it’s so fun and easy! I thought the criss cross made a perfect slope for the new Freezin’ Fun stamp set with coordinating dies! This card came together in no time at all. So, try this fun fold and add it to the gallery soon! If you tell me you’re in the MMM gallery in a comment, I will come to your blog and leave you one, too.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This fun fold card was so easy to make! The completed card is an A2 size with just one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. Since I had never made this type of card before, I followed these instructions from Splitcoaststampers.
- Basically, all you have to do is cut the cardstock in two pieces. Then, score both at 4 1/4.” Adhere the right panel from the first one to the left panel of the second one. Now, cut diagonally from the inner corners at the top to the outer corner of the bottom.
- I took two identical pieces of Feels Like Frost designer paper and cut it to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and then cut into triangles (remember that they have to be on opposite sides). Then, it was adhered to the flaps. The flaps are then glued together only at the bottom. Boom! You have the card base done that quick!!
- Now, for the fun part! I stamped all of the images and colored them with Stampin’ Blends. Then, they were cut out with their coordinating dies.
- The sentiment was stamped and cropped with the Classic Label punch.
- The inside tab is easy to make! I cut Whisper White down to 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ then rounded the corners with the Detailed Trio punch. I layered it onto Seaside Spray cardstock and also rounded its corners.
- Using the sentiment stamp, I stamped it with black ink and cropped it out with the small Stitched Nested Labels die. Then, I stamped two small trees and colored them. After that, I colored another one on scrap cardstock, cut it out and layered it over the other two. This is where I decided to add Clear Wink of Stella to all of the trees to add a little sparkle to the snowy scene, but I couldn’t get the shimmer to show up on the photo.
- The finishing touch was adding a snippet of ribbon with a simple staple to keep it in place at the top of the tag and adding just a few of the Blue Adhesive-back gems.
FREEZIN’ FUN BUNDLE
FREEZIN’ FUN STAMP SET
Send warmth during the cold winter with handmade cards you make using the Freezin’ Season Stamp Set. The adorable animals enjoying winter activities will make anyone smile!
* 16 cling stamps
FREEZIN’ FRIENDS DIES
Create die-cut winter scenes using the Freezin’ Friends Dies. Make a ski bunny, snowballs, a scarf-wearing penguin, a happy seal, and more.
* 13 dies
* Largest die: 6-5/16″ x 5/8″
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- TIME OUT Challenge: Season
- Krafty Chicks Challenge: All Occasions
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Outdoor Fun
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Include An Animal
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: