It’s time for the next Make My Monday challenge, Stampers! It’s one that many of you embrace with enthusiasm and great talent but one that fills me with absolute dread – “CAS (clean and simple) cards.” With the utmost embarrassment, I confess that this is one style that I will never be able to do well. Not to be defeated, however, I decided to make a card with the new Hippo Happiness bundle. I personally think the little animals are wonderful and suitable for anyone. I chose colors (in fact, actually accidentally made my own) that are great for males as well as females.
My secrets to making this project
- This A6 card was a breeze to make, due to its CAS style. Yep, I know it’s not a true “CAS” card but it’s as CAS as I will ever get! 😀
- This stamp set and dies bundle is a great one for your stash. Not only are the cute critters adorable but the frames are perfect for your collection as well. Love the fun shapes!
- The hippo is three-step stamping (easily done with my Stamparatus) and I had to really think how to make his body to be two-toned. I didn’t want him to be too dark because I wanted the face to show up. So, I used Smoky Slate for the “whole body” stamp and used Balmy Blue for the “partial body” stamp. I just love the resulting shade of teal! I liked it so much that I did this color combo with the “happy birthday” and the balloon, as well. I just might try more color combos in the future!
Hippo Happiness Bundle
HIPPO HAPPINESS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Make greeting cards, tags, and more with the darling critters in the Hippo Happiness Stamp Set. *27 photopolymer stamps
HIPPO & FRIENDS DIES
Create custom die-cut elements like frames, animals, and more using the Hippo & Friends Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating Hippo Happiness Stamp Set for more creative options.
*Largest die: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- DL Art Challenge: Birthday
- Allsorts Challenge: Make It Masculine
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Make It Masculine
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: