Make My Monday has a brand new challenge starting today. There’s still 6 more weeks of summer, so I’m sure you can enjoy making a “beach” card with us. I’m pretty sure this card qualifies and I can actually say that it qualifies as an accidental CAS card, too! Have I mentioned to you yet that my husband plans to retire soon? Well, he is phasing into retirement and I will be phasing into having him home a lot more! I’m sure that he will love this card to celebrate! It was super easy to make, using July’s Paper Pumpkin kit with Senior Years and Many Mates stamp sets. This card would also make a great birthday card!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card starts with Calypso Coral cardstock, cut at 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- The pretty panel is from the July 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. I also purchased the add-on card bases so expect to see more of these! I used the die from Friendly Silhouettes to cut the bottom of the panel, then adhered it to the Basic Black cut at 4″ x 5 3/4″. It was layered onto Whisper White cardstock.
- The “happy retirement” sentiment was stamped and cropped with the Classic Label Punch.
- The “celebrate” sentiment from Many Mates was stamped and fussy cut.
- Once I had it all adhered, I felt like it still needed a little something, so I found the very small bird stamp in Mountain Air, and stamped it twice for just a bit of “life” on my card front.
Make greeting cards to celebrate birthdays, retirement, and more with humorous sentiments and playful images from the Senior Years Stamp Set.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- CAS on Friday Challenge: Nature
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge: Beach/Under the Sea
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All about Occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: