We have a new challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz and I think you will enjoy this one – “Monochrome” cards! I just posted one yesterday that you might want to check out as well. This style really appeals to me and often do it without even realizing it! I wanted to make a fun birthday window card using the new Zany Zebras stamp set. Those zebras are so cute!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This 6″ square card was a breeze to make! The card base is Calypso Coral, cut at 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- Choosing a fun small polka dot patterned paper, I cut it to 5 1/4″ and layered it onto Whisper White cardstock.
- I cut through all three layers with the Hippo & Friends die, and saved the Whisper White one for the focal point.
- The two zebras were stamped – one with Basic Gray that was fussy cut and the second one was stamped onto the WW piece cut out from the window.
- Then, I made the frame for the window with Calypso Coral.
- The sentiment was stamped with Calypso Coral ink and cut out with the new Banner Pick a Punch. It was popped up with dimensionals, then the zebra was popped up over it.
- I added the polka dot tulle ribbon, tying in a knot. Calypso Coral bakers twine was added to the ribbon with a few little Playful Pets trinkets for some fun.
Zany Zebras Stamp Set
Adorable zebras and brushscript greetings come together in the Zany Zebras Stamp Set. It’s all you need for birthday cards and more!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Craft Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Just Us Girls Challenge: Die Cut a Window
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All about Occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: