The Alphabet Challenge starts a new theme today and I think you’ll like it – “Anything Goes Starting with M.” I had no problem coming up with one because I immediately thought to make a masculine card. I wanted to make a card for my son because he and his wife are expecting their first child in January! Since baby cards are normally made with the baby or the mother in mind, I had to come up with something a little different. A Good Man is a stamp set that I have had for a while but never inked up (loved the man sitting in the beach chair!). The image of the father and son on his shoulders seemed perfect for my idea.
My secrets to making this project
- Using my Taylored Expressions Display Easel die (#TE1183), I cut out two pieces of Night of Navy cardstock. I changed the “feet” of the easel so that I could fit it into an envelope by scoring the bottom at 1/2.”
- My son and daughter in law love rustic home decor so it was a no-brainer to use my retired Wood Textures DSP. After all, I bought 4 packs of it for their wedding! The sentiment from A Good Man was stamped in Night of Navy, then adhered to both sides of the easel.
- After that, I stamped the father/son image in Memento Black Ink. It was easy to color with Smoky Slate and Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blends to color their clothes and Ivory and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends for the father’s arms and son’s hair.
- Using the Layering Ovals die, I cut then layered it onto the Night of Navy scalloped oval cardstock. I popped it up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- The Congratulations sentiment from Guy Greetings was stamped in Night of Navy ink then cut into a banner and popped up on dimensionals.
- OK, it looked a little bare so I got out the In Good Taste Elements and placed glue dots to adhere them. I made a small linen thread bow to place on top. At the bottom of the panel, three of the “x” were glued down.
Back of Card
I wanted just a little sentiment there and this was the hardest part of the card! It had to be perfect!! I finally found the perfect one in Well Said, which I stamped in Night of Navy ink then popped up on the Navy wreath piece after cutting it into a banner. Adding just a couple of the leaf branches was the finishing touch.
A GOOD MAN
Show the good men in your life how much you appreciate them with a handmade, heartfelt card or gift you make using the A Good Man Stamp Set. Great for Father’s Day, birthdays, or any day you want to recognize and celebrate your men. Also available in French. Quantity: 12 cling stamps
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All Occasions
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon Challenge: Celebrate
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Anything Goes Option
- NBUS Challenge (Used A Good Man stamp set for the first time)
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE