Are you ready for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz? We are going a little retro with “Buttons and/or Bows.” I absolutely love ribbon and bows are my favorite way to use it. Since I still have gobs of buttons but haven’t used them in forever, I just “went for it” and used both on my card! I always used to place buttons for my flower centers. The Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set has the perfect small flower for just that purpose. Then, to make this into the perfect fall birthday card, I inked up a birthday sentiment from Beautiful Friendship.
My secrets to making this project
- My 6″ square card was super easy to put together. My first step was to stamp and color the flowers. I tell ya, these sunflowers are so much fun to color! I stamped the outline with Early Espresso, then just had fun coloring. In fact, I had so much fun that I had even more fun taking some of the color off of the large flower with the lifter to add more dimension. Doesn’t it look pretty?
- Once the flowers were done and cut with their coordinating dies (added some sponging on the edges, too), I started cutting and adhering cardstock and designer paper. The In Good Taste layer was distressed with my distressin’ tool.
- Then, the sentiment from Beautiful Friendship was stamped in Early Espresso ink and cropped with the Hippo & Friends die. The ribbon was wrapped around and tied into a bow. This ribbon makes it so easy!
- All of the elements were adhered, then I decided that I couldn’t do without some bling. I colored three of the Gold Glitter Gems with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends marker. They were a perfect match!
Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle
CELEBRATE SUNFLOWERS CLING STAMP SET
Create realistic sunflower images you stamp with the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set, then cut them out using the Sunflowers Dies.
*8 cling stamps
Create and add sunflowers to your projects using the Sunflowers Dies and the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set. *9 dies
*Largest die: 3-1/2″ x 3-7/8″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- All Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Happy Birthday
- Simon Says Monday Challenge: Use Your Favorite Stamp (Sunflowers)
- Through The Craft Room Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: