Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects where “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday because you set aside a day to appreciate everything and everyone that God has given you. I’m not sure getting together will be possible this year so I am planning to send cards to my friends and family. My card today combines Gather Together with Forever Fern stamp sets and some really fun dies for lots of texture. Want more inspiration? Here and here are cards I made using Gather Together a year ago.
My Secrets for This Project:
- This card measures 5″ x 7″ so start with cardstock cut at 7″ by 10″ and score at 5.” Once you have the score line, cut 3/4″ from both ends. This allows the beautiful designer paper on the inside of the card to show through to the front.
- The Brightly Gleaming DSP that carried over from the last holiday catalog is gorgeous, so I just had to bring it out one more time. I cut the DSP to 6 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ so I could then design the front of the card to coordinate.
- Copper Foil cardstock was trimmed to 5 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ to give that holiday feel. I just love the Many Medallion die and had a few left over from some cards I made at the beginning of the summer. It was so easy just to glue them together, then to the Copper background layer. I wrapped both ribbons and taped them to the back. They were then adhered to the front of the card.
- Stitched So Sweetly dies cut the sentiment and the layers behind it.
- I stamped the leaves from Forever Fern stamp set with Early Espresso and cut with their coordinating dies.
- Then, I cropped out the Sprig with the punch using Copper Foil cardstock.
- The Elegant Faceted Gems were colored with the Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends marker, then adhered to the small die at the bottom of the card front.
- The Finishing touch was making a bow with the Copper ribbon. Secret: This ribbon curls easily with a bone folder!
The inside of the card came together easily with the sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink, then the beautiful embossed leaves in Pretty Peacock and Copper cardstocks. The Star flourish graces the top flap because I didn’t end up using it on the front. Why waste it?? I did put a couple of the stars on the front for just a little more detail.
Gather Together Bundle
Gather Together Photopolymer Stamp Set
The Gather Together Stamp Set includes simple images of leaves and pumpkins, and warm sentiments of love and gratitude. This set is a fall favorite!
* 10 photopolymer stamps
Gathered Leaves Dies
Create festive fall accents for your papercrafting projects with the Gathered Leaves Dies.
* 7 dies
* Largest die: 2-3/8″ x 2-1/2″
Before You Go!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 14th when our theme is “Tag, You’re It!” Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<<YOU ARE HERE>>>
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Christine Eck at Dances With Hooves Paper Design
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery