Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today – “Christmas in September.” It’s time to get those holiday cards started, my stampin’ friends! With the difficult year that we have had, it is even more important to send beautiful holiday cards this year. I love to make one-of-a-kind cards for my family and friends so starting early is absolutely necessary. I’m feeling the beautiful fall weather this week, so I pulled out the Peaceful Boughs stamp set and its coordinating Beautiful Boughs dies for my card today. Pine trees and pine cones remind me of the south that I grew up in so I just love this bundle! HERE is a link to a card I made with this bundle last year.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This holiday card measures 6 1/4″ x 4 1/2.”
- I stamped the Whisper White panel with the pine branches along the edges.
- Then, I cut out two sets of pine cones, one in Gray Granite and the other in Early Espresso. They were both coated with a layer of Clear Wink of Stella, then adhered together. I liked mixing up the colors, but you can keep them uniform if you’d like. Gold Foil sheets were also used for more branches.
- Stamping the sentiment in the Peaceful Boughs stamp set in Misty Moonlight, I then cropped it out with Hippo & Friends die. I used Misty Moonlight cardstock to crop out the frame to layer under the sentiment.
- Making a double loop bow, I adhered it to the card base then placed the sentiment panel on top with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding just a few Gilded Gems.
You may have noticed that I dry embossed the front panel with the Subtle embossing folder. That was an afterthought after I had already adhered it to the Just Jade layer. For some reason that I am not sure of, this gave this layer a slight curve. I couldn’t get it to lay flat. I thought that adhering to the card base, it would get better, but, alas, it didn’t. My solution? I put layers of cardstock and paper onto the back of the card front to build it up a little. It did help AND it gave me another place to decorate! I stamped the sentiment in Just Jade ink and cropped it out with the stitched oval die. This gives me the lower panel to write my personal message.
PEACEFUL BOUGHS STAMP SET
Deck your projects with pretty pine cones and beautiful boughs. The images in the Peaceful Boughs Stamp Set are so realistic you can almost smell the fresh pine in the air! Also available in French and German. Quantity: 8 cling stamps
BEAUTIFUL BOUGHS DIES
Create custom die-cut boughs, pinecones, and more in record time using the Beautiful Boughs Dies.
* 9 dies
* Largest die: 3-7/8″ x 3-3/4″ (9.8 x 9.5 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes Christmas
- Festive Friday Challenge: Leaves (do pine needles count?), Trees, Gold, Brown, Green, Stitches
- Jingle Belles Challenge: Baby, It’s Gold Outside
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Dry or Wet Embossing
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: