Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today – “Autumn.” I have been so happy this week because I can feel fall in the air now, my FAVORITE season!! My last Stampin’ Up! order had lots of autumn stamp sets so I had a decision to make. In the end, I really wanted to ink up Life Is Beautiful and am so glad I did. This card turned out so cute and resembles the tree in my front yard – complete with bird feeder and a curious kitty!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card measured a tad over 4 1/2″ x 6″ in order to keep the tree in tact.
- Stamping the tree with Soft Suede ink, the leaves with Bumblebee ink, I then stamped the bird feeder with Cinnamon Cider ink.
- Now, I just felt that something in front of the tree would give the card some dimension, so I cut two pieces of the fence from Autumn Wheelbarrow dies from the In Color DSP and Cinnamon Cider cardstock for more dimension. Before adhering it to the card, I stamped a few little patches of color beneath the tree for a little color.
- Fences almost always have greenery in front of them, right? So, I stamped a couple bunches of flowers and colored them lightly with Stampin’ Blends. Also, if you have any birds around, there’s likely a kitty watching them, so I stamped the adorable kitty from Grace’s Garden, then cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- This layer was cropped with the Stitched Rectangle die, adhered to DSP, then a larger piece of DSP from World of Good DSP. The card base was then cut, scored and the entire panel attached with adhesive.
Life Is Beautiful Stamp Set
Create beautiful handmade cards and other paper crafts with the Life Is Beautiful Stamp Set. The set includes greetings and Autumn imagery. Perfect for friendship and thank you cards, or more.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Challenge Up Your Life Challenge: Autumn Mood
- Festive Friday Challenge: Leaves, Trees, Stitching (and all of the colors LOL)
- International Art & Soul: Include An Animal
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: