Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge starting today and it’s one that I have never done before – Make a One Layer Card. I trembled at the thought of NO LAYERS! Why would anyone make such a card??? Well, I just had to give it a shot and am so happy I did! It wasn’t hard after all!! I had just received a new order that contained the Wishes & Wonder stamp set so I wanted to ink it up for this challenge. I did have one problem with this card, a pretty significant problem actually. If you want to hear about it, keep reading!
My secrets to making this project
- I made an A2 card – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ with Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- First, I inked up the gorgeous sentiment from Wrapped In Christmas in Mossy Meadow ink.
- Then, the pine trees from In The Pines stamp set were inked up with Mossy Meadow with first and second generation stamping.
- Finally, I stamped the deer and sleigh with Early Espresso ink, then colored them with Stampin’ Blends. STAMPIN’ BLENDS – as in alcohol ink!! I had just finished the deer when I happened to notice that the color, of course, was visible on the inside of the card! Yikes!! This was the problem that I mentioned previously and where I cheated. This is not usually a problem for me, since I always have layers of paper under my colored images. The challenge said that the card front had to be one layer, but they didn’t say I couldn’t add designer paper to the inside to cover up my mess! Problem solved!
- I used a Uniball Gold Gel Pen to add gold onto the sleigh.
- Finally, I got just a teeny tiny ink smudge above the sentiment. I have NO idea how that happened, but, even though I got it off pretty well, I decided to add the silvery snow. Oh, well! There are no mistakes in card making, just opportunities to embellish!
WISHES & WONDER CLING STAMP SET
Create Christmas cards, tags, and more using the Wishes & Wonder Stamp Set. The set includes Christmas greetings and imagery such as a reindeer, a sleigh, and more. You’ll love the creative options it offers.
* 8 cling stamps
NORTH POLE WONDER DIES
Create custom die-cut accents to make tags, reindeers, leaves, a sleigh, and more using the North Pole Wonder Dies. Perfect for Christmas handmade cards and tags, or other paper crafts. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 12 dies
* Largest die: 3-11/16″ x 2-1/4″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge: Say It With a Sentiment
- Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round Challenge: 2 Things Starting with S (Snow, Sleigh)
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: The Great Outdoors
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: