Make My Monday has a challenge starting today, “Masculine” hosted by Wei. I have been on a tangent lately, looking for fun, creative ways to use my paper scraps. Did you see my first card using the herringbone pattern? My card today uses squares and a corner punch – so easy! I used World of Good designer paper with the Beautiful World stamp set to make this striking all occasion card.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Because I didn’t have a pattern to follow, I started to make squares from DSP that were 1 1/4″ and gold metallic squares at 1 3/8.” Then, I cropped the corners on opposite sides of the designer paper and gold squares and adhered together. Then, I stamped the sentiment and trimmed it to fit. After I laid out the squares and the sentiment, they were adhered to the background DSP. I layered it onto Basic Black cardstock then adhered it to the card base of Cinnamon Cider cardstock. The card ended up with dimensions of 5 1/4 x 6 3/4.
- Embellishments: A gold leaf and a retired gold metallic button, threaded simply with linen thread.
- I decided that the card needed a bit more texture so I made two more squares and popped them up with dimensionals.
Beautiful World Bundle
BEAUTIFUL WORLD CLING STAMP SET
A world of beautifully designed vintage images paired with nostalgic sentiments that seem to have been written with a quill awaits you.
A romantic flair of travel, exploration and seafaring accompanies this set. No matter which adventures your loved ones are about to set off on: this stamp set has it all.
*13 cling stamps
WORLD MAP DIES
The World Map Dies generate fancy three-dimensional accents to add depth and complexity to any project created with the coordinating Beautiful World stamp set.
Make stylish globes and old-style writing tools everybody will love!
*Largest die: 5-1/2″ x 5/8″ (14 x 1.6 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crazy Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge: October challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: