Make My Monday – Theme: Orange as a Dominant Color
We have a new challenge starting today and I am the host! This time I chose “Orange as a dominant color.” I love using orange in the month of October! I think of falling leaves and pumpkins the most. Not wanting to make a card with those items though, I decided to turn to a new stamp set that I hadn’t inked up yet – Hooray To You. Obviously, large sentiments are one of my favorite kinds to stamp and balloons make everyone happy, right? However, my problem with this stamp set is that it usually used for CAS (clean and simple) cards, which is most definitely not my favorite kind to make. So, I had to really think how to make this card but feel that I achieved making it a card that makes this stamp shine.
After you leave here, I hope you will go see all of the wonderful inspiration from the Make My Monday Design Team. Then, have fun in your craft room and play along. We can’t wait to see what you made!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my 6″ square card starts with Calypso Coral 12″ cardstock from the Subtles cardstock collection. Then, I cut Artistry Blooms designer paper and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock.
- Secondly, I sponged Calypso Coral onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Then, I inked up the balloon stamp with Memento Black Ink. After doing that, I realized that the balloon is actually a circle (not balloon shaped) so I decided to crop it out. I restamped the image so I could pop up the first one over it. A rectangle die (Gina Marie Designs In & Out Stud Dot Rectangles) was used to crop it out, then layered onto Basic Black cardstock.
- At this time, using the Balloon Bouquet Punch, I cropped out four balloons with the Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Then, I sponged a bit of black ink around the edges to give each balloon some definition.
- The last thing I had to do was going through my baker’s twine, and found one with orange and black! Finally, It was cut and taped to each balloon.
Hooray to You Stamp Set
Stop right here for simple stamping. You’ll love what you can do with the eye-catching birthday balloon in the Hooray to You Stamp Set. * 6 cling stamps
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cute Card Thursday Challenge: Dies & Punches
- Just Us Girls Challenge: Ombre (balloons and designer paper)
- NBUS Challenge (stamp set)
- Seize The Birthday Challenge: Birthday + Scraps (balloons)
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Make It Sparkle
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Use You Old Stash (bakers twine)
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: