We have a new challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz and it’s so fun – Go Retro with the lovely Dawn as our host! I knew immediately which stamp set I wanted to use and think it was made for this theme. Nothing’s Better Than is a great stamp set for any coffee, cocktail or chocolate lover in your life. I made THIS CARD with it initially but the adorable coffee cup image seemed perfectly retro for this challenge.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card started with thick Whisper White cardstock. Then, I trimmed a piece of Rococo Rose DSP that looked very retro to me and backed it with Basic Black cardstock to make it pop.
- Next, I used the Swirly Frames stamp set for the rectangle frame first so I could make sure my stamping was exactly where I wanted it. Secret: I placed the Coffee cutout in the middle then placed the stamps onto the cardstock that was in my Stamparatus. This way I could make sure both were straight before I stamped. Don’t you just hate it when your stamping is crooked? My Stamparatus makes that problem a thing of the past!
- I decided to pop up the Coffee so cut it out with black foam. Love it!!
- Then, I stamped three coffee cups and chose colors that I thought would fit the retro theme – Rococo Rose, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay.
- Popping the focal image up with dimensionals, I then placed the coffee cups all around.
- The inside was simply done with Whisper White backed with Basic Black cardstocks. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black and cropped it with the Stitched Rectangle die then placed another coffee cup that was popped up with dimensionals.
Nothing’s Better Than Bundle
NOTHING’S BETTER THAN PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Cookies, coffee, cocktails, and chocolate! Get it all in a single stamp set. *26 photopolymer stamps
LOVE YOU MORE THAN DIES
Pair the Love You More Than Dies with the Nothing’s Better Than Stamp Set to create cards, accents, and more.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge: Anything Goes
- Day of the Month Card Club Challenge: International Coffee Day
- Dies R Us Challenge: Anything Goes (all dies are Stampin’ Up!)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code Q2HMMYEU when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!