Cardz 4 Galz challenge has a new theme and I am the host! I chose “Autumn/Fall” as my theme because it’s truly my favorite season of the year. I tried to make this card on the more masculine side so it could go to anyone in my family. Using Autumn Goodness and Ornate Thanks stamp sets, I had lots of fun creating this card!
My secrets to making this project
- This 6″ square card started with Early Espresso 12″ x 6″ cardstock and scored at 6″
- In order to create a neutral background, I chose the designer paper from World of Good designer paper pack and cut it to 5 3/4″
- Then, I cut out a square of Very Vanilla and ran it through the Old World Paper embossing folder and gently sponged it to give it some texture. After that was done, it was layered onto Cinnamon Cider cardstock and mounted onto the card base.
Now, the Fun Part!
- I heat embossed the wheelbarrow and the harvested veggies stamps with Early Espresso ink and clear embossing powder, then cropped them out with their coordinating dies.
- I also stamped and cropped out the wheat after coloring it lightly with So Saffron Stampin’ Blends marker. They were adhered and mounted onto the card base.
- For the sentiment, I heat embossed the “So Grateful” with Early Espresso ink and clear embossing powder and cropped with the Ornate Layers die, then sponged the edges to give them a little definition against the background. I also stamped the “for YOU” from Autumn Goodness in Cinnamon Cider ink and cropped it out with the Classic Label punch. SECRET: Crop it at one end, then the other to make it the length you want!
- Finally, leaves were all stamped and/or cropped out and sponged around the edges. Linen Thread was looped into a loose bow on top of the leaves, then the sentiment popped up with dimensionals.
- For the inside, I have layered Very Vanilla and Cinnamon Cider cardstock but left it blank till I decide who it will be sent to.
Ornate Thanks Bundle
ORNATE THANKS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Make thank you cards and other paper crafts to express gratitude to those you love using the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set. These photopolymer clear stamps make it easy to stamp a thankful sentiment right where you want it on your project. A variety of sayings help you find the perfect words to express your thanks.
* 19 photopolymer stamps
ORNATE BORDERS DIES
Create lacy, floral borders and accents using the Ornate Borders Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating Ornate Thanks Stamp Set for more creative options. These dies are great for your handmade cards, scrapbook pages, and other paper crafts.
* 9 dies
* Largest die: 6″ x 1-1/2″ (15.2 x 3.8 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge: Autumn/Fall
- Ellibellie’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Anything Autumn/Fall
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Happy Fall, Y’all
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Layer It Up
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Autumn/Fall
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: