I just love this time of year! We just never know what the weather is going to be from one day to the next here in Michigan. It can in the 70’s one day and 40’s the next. I don’t know why I enjoy that but I do – don’t give me long lengths of time with heat or cold. Anyway, I decided that I was making too many holiday cards lately and went back to making a nice fall card with Autumn Goodness and a Tutti Designs die that I bought several years ago (or at least it feels like that) that I haven’t used yet. I think this card is great for Thanksgiving but it could really be used for any occasion you wish.
My secrets to making this project
- My card today is 5″ x 7″, starting with Early Espresso cardstock, cut at 10″ x 7″ and scored at 5.”
- I cut the patterned paper from In Good Taste DSP, and adhered to the card base.
- More Early Espresso cardstock was cut with the Stitched Rectangle die and trimmed to 4″ x 5 7/8.” Then, I cut Whisper White cardstock to the same size and embossed in the Scripty embossing folder.
Now, the FUN Part!
- I cut two pieces of the Tutti Designs Fall Leaves Scroll (TUTTI-394) and adhered together. This made it thicker and have more dimension. Using Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below), the entire surface got a nice coat of color, then a few Gold Metallc Pearls were added onto the larger leaves. Once it was done, I popped it up over the card base with mini dimensionals.
- Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Goodness and cropped it out with Stitched Rectangle die. Then, I cut the long leaf from Stitched Leaves from Whisper White and colored it with Stampin’ Blends.
- A long piece of DSP cut at 7/8″ width was made into a banner with the Banner Triple Punch. Just for a bit of color, I also cut some Cinnamon Cider ribbon and layered it on top of the DSP. Then, I adhered them together and popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- INSIDE: It was very quickly completed with DSP and a large piece of Whisper White. A few maple leaves were cut out with the punch from Autumn Punch Pack and a large leaf that had been cut for another project but not used.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- The Card Concept: Give Thanks
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Gratitude
- Paper Funday Challenge: Anything Goes with Optional Thanks
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Thanksgiving/Thanks
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
Quite Curvy Variety Bundle: includes the Quite Curvy Stamp Set, the Curvy Dies, the Curvy Christmas Stamp Set, and the Classic Christmas 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper.
QUITE CURVY STAMP SET: Branches, birds, and words combine in the Quite Curvy Stamp Set * 12 photopolymer stamps
CURVY DIES: You’ll be ahead of the curve when you add die-cut edges and accents to your projects using the Curvy Dies. * 10 dies * Largest die: 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
CURVY CHRISTMAS STAMP SET: Build a Christmas scene with the Curvy Christmas Stamp Set. *13 photopolymer stamps
CLASSIC CHRISTMAS 6″ X 6″ DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
* 48 sheets of patterned paper: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs * 6″ x 6″ * Acid free
Product colors: Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Shaded Spruce