We have a new challenge over at Make My Monday – “Thankful” – which is perfect for this season of Thanksgiving. I had bought the Beautiful Autumn bundle for the sentiment on this card. It came with three punches that I haven’t used much. Small stamps can be intimidating to me. I’m just never sure how to use them. I decided to put them into a trio of boxes and really like how they turned out. I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This card is 6″ square.
- Firstly, the card base is Early Espresso cardstock, cut at 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- After that was burnished, I applied Whisper White cardstock with a layer of Plaid Tidings DSP.
Now, the FUN Part!
- I stamped the little leaves and acorn with their 2 step stamps. For the stamp that colors the entire area, I did this with the second generation technique. After they were all stamped, I punched them out and added two more punches to layer them. This gives them more definition and dimension.
- When that was completed, I cropped out out 3 each of the background pieces – the small square from the Layering Squares and Ornate Frames – and put those all together.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and cropped it out with the Stitched Shapes square die. Then, I layered it onto the Early Espresso cardstock cut with the scalloped die.
- Because the sentiment had a large area that wasn’t filled, I then stamped two leaves in Bumblebee ink. I stamped the inner stamp with the same ink, just stamped off to make it lighter in color. Then, they were fussy cut and glued to the sentiment piece.
- Finally, I adhered the Bumblebee ribbon to the card base and placed a couple of the In Good Taste Elements with glue before placing the sentiment on top with dimensions. The Metallic pearls are great for a little bling since every card needs just a little, right?
Beautiful Autumn Photopolymer Stamp Set
Use the Beautiful Autumn Stamp Set to accent festive fall cards and other seasonal projects.
* 20 photopolymer stamps
Autumn Punch Pack
Use the Autumn Punch Pack to create cut-out acorn, oak leaf, and maple leaf shapes.
* 3 punches
* Largest punched image: 3/4″ (1.9 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Catch the Bug Challenge: BINGO (Yellow, Ribbon, Stitching)
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge: Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Thanks or Thanksgiving
BEFORE YOU GO!
Time to put yourself on your shopping list!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: