Sisterhood of Crafters has a great challenge for you – “Anything but a Rectangle.” I wanted to use the Dove of Hope stamp set because it is just so perfect for the holidays, especially this year! This stamp set does come with dies that are beautiful, so I will put a link to it below in case you are interested. I hope you will go visit the challenge and see all of the great inspiration from the design team. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and stay safe!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Soft Suede cardstock, cut at 12″ x 6″ and scored at 6.”
- Using the patterned paper from Poinsettia Place DSP, Whisper White and Gold Foil, I cut and layered them together onto the card base.
- After that, I cut Soft Suede cardstock with a rounded corner square die and popped it up with dimensionals.
Now the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut the two wreaths with cardstocks and laying a gold hoop between them, adhered them to the raised square. Cute!
- After that, I versamarked the dove and the sentiment, then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. The dove was then fussy cut and adhered to the wreath.
- After that, I cut the sentiment with the stitched rectangle die and layered it onto gold foil sheet. I then cut some ribbon and laid it down first before I adhered the sentiment in place.
- The card still felt a little bare to me, so I made a bow and adhered it to the wreath. Then, I sponged a couple leaves, cropped them out and popped them up with dimensionals onto the sentiment.
- Finally, the gilded gems added just the right amount of bling to the wreath for the finishing touch.
DOVE OF HOPE STAMP SET
Bring peace and joy to your Christmas crafting using the Dove of Hope Stamp Set. Combine images and sentiments to create cards, gift tags, and other paper crafts in the colors you want.
* 9 cling stamps
DETAILED DOVE DIES
Create die-cut birds and branches with the Detailed Dove Dies. Use them with Christmas or bird-themed projects.
* 11 dies
* Largest die: 2-1/4″ x 2-7/8″ (5.7 x 7.3 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Artsy Stamper Challenge: Critters
- Dream Valley Challenge: Lots of Layers
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge: Gold, Silver or Glitter
- Stamping Sensation Challenge: Christmas Flowers, Wreaths
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Christmas
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: