It’s the last challenge of the year for the Alphabet Challenge. This one is so much fun and my project came together very quickly – “S is for Snow Scene.” I knew exactly what I wanted to use! Freezin’ Fun is one of the absolutely cutest bundles I have from this holiday catalog that is drawing to a close on January 4th. In fact, Freezing’ Bun will retire so if you haven’t gotten it yet, don’t wait! I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, the card base was made with Thick Whisper White cardstock, cut at 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- Then, I cut a piece of Coastal Cabana paper to 4″ x 5 3/4″ and dry embossed it in the Winter Snow embossing folder. Once that was completed, I used the new blending brushes (coming soon!) and added ink around the snowflakes to give them a bit of dimension. Then, I cut an oval with the Spellbinders Hemstitch Ovals dies. After that, I added Gloss-White Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centers of the snowflakes and set it aside to dry (takes 24 hours).
- While that dried, I continued to make the snow scene by cutting the background snow banks with the dies in Freezin’ Friends and Home Together dies, trimming it to fit behind the oval panel. Also, the patterned designer paper was cut to just a smidge smaller than the Coastal Cabana panel.
- Finally, the last step – I adhered them all together to complete the background layer.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Don’t you just LOVE these adorable images? Starting with the adorable sea lion (?), I stamped him with Memento Black Ink and began the process of coloring him with Stampin’ Blends (colors are listed below). Once I finished him, I started the same process with the cutie patootie penguin.
- Once I completed the coloring, I cut them out with their coordinating dies and popped them up with dimensionals.
- Lastly, I stamped the sweet sentiment with black ink and cropped it out with the stitched scallop rectangle die from Stitched So Sweetly. Then, I felt like the card needed a bit of bling (a common theme for me!) so I added a few adhesive-backed snowflakes with the Nuvo Drops in their centers.
Freezin’ Fun Bundle
FREEZIN’ FUN STAMP SET
Send warmth during the cold winter with handmade cards you make using the Freezin’ Season Stamp Set. The adorable animals enjoying winter activities will make anyone smile!
* 16 cling stamps
FREEZIN’ FRIENDS DIES
Create die-cut winter scenes using the Freezin’ Friends Dies. Make a ski bunny, snowballs, a scarf-wearing penguin, a happy seal, and more.
* 13 dies
* Largest die: 6-5/16″ x 5/8″ (16 x 1.6 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Do-Al(l) Creative Challenge
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge
- Sweet Stampers Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
If you love great deals, our Giant Year-End Closeout event is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on your favorite products from the August–December 2020 Mini Catalog—and as an extra bonus—you’ll get a peek at the list of items carrying over to the new annual catalog. The Year-End Closeout happens only once a year, so don’t delay—make sure to out this great sale today!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CKWC7R4Q when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!