Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge for you all and it is perfect for many of us during the month of December. We want to see your “Snowmen” for the next two weeks. Sorry to all of you on the opposite side of the world but perhaps making a snowman could cool you down a bit! 😉 I fell in love with the Snow Wonder bundle the moment I saw it. I love snowmen but not all of them are as cute as this one. This one is a real keeper! I hope you will go take a look at the great inspiration from the design team, then play along!
My secrets to making this project
- My 6″ square card started with Smoky Slate 12″ cardstock, cut at 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- Firstly, I created the background with Whisper White cardstock that is dry embossed with the Snow Time embossing folder and layered onto Merry Merlot cardstock. Then, I sponged the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (sorry, retired) all over to bring out the snowflakes with a subtle shimmer. So pretty IRL!
- After that, I cut out Whisper White and Merry Merlots cardstocks with the Curvy dies, then stamped it with the pretty star stamp in Merry Merlot. Also, I straightened up the sentiment from Curvy Christmas onto a block and inked it with up with Basic Gray ink. Once that was stamped onto the cardstock, I adhered them to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- With the background complete, I started on the focal images. Firstly, the snowman from Snow Wonder was stamped in Basic Gray ink, and stamped a second time with the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink to give him a bit of a shimmer. Then, I colored the hat with Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends, with Calypso Coral for the nose, Smoky Slate for the scarf and Soft Sea Foam for the holly on the hat. Afterwards, I cut him out with the coordinating die.
- The beautiful pines trees from the Pine Woods dies are such a pretty detail! I cut out the outline in Whisper White cardstock and sponged them with the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink, then cut and layered the detailed trees in Soft Sea Foam over them. They got one more layer of Shimmer ink before adhering them to the card base.
- Then, I stamped the “Happy Christmas” in Basic Gray ink and cut it with one of the Ornate Frames dies.
- I always love a little bit of “life” on my cards so adding the adorable little birds from Quite Curvy stamp set was the perfect choice. Inking them up with Basic Gray ink, I stamped them, then colored them with Stampin’ Blends. Once they were cut out with their coordinating dies, they were adhered to the card front.
- Finally, the Metallic Enamel Shapes were added to the Snowman for just a touch of bling.
SNOW WONDER BUNDLE
Capture the wonder of Christmas and winter with the Snow Wonder Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Images include snowflakes, a snowman, trees, and more—such versatility! * 7 cling stamps
SNOW TIME DIES
Cut out a variety of wintry images and all-purpose labels with the Snow Time Dies by Stampin’ Up! Some shapes feature embossed detail to add another level of interest. * 7 dies
* Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ (8.3 x 6.7 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog Challenge: Christmas
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Fun with Dies
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Christmas
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- Try It on Tuesday Challenge: Winter Wonderland
BEFORE YOU GO!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: