Snowflake Wishes is the sweetest bundle and perfect for the next Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. Starting today, our theme for you is “Anything Goes Christmas or Winter.” Firstly, you need to know that I am getting a little obsessed with making cards from scraps of designer paper. Pairing the Tag Buffet stamp set with the So Many Snowflakes dies and Snowflakes Wishes stamp set, I was able to make a really fun holiday card. Since this is our last challenge of the year, I hope you will take a look at the great inspiration from our very talented design team and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- To start of this 6″ square card (currently one of my favorite sizes) I cut the Highland Heather cardstock (Subtles 12″ cardstock), then layered it with Night of Navy cut to 5 1/2″ square.
- Following the Herringbone technique with 1/2″ strips of Snowflake Splendor paper, I tried to vary the colors next to each other but in a pattern.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the background was done, I cut out the snowflakes in both silver foil and Highland Heather Velveteen papers.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from Tag Buffet stamp set in Night of Navy ink and cropped it with the Stitched Nested Labels die and layered it onto a larger piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
- Before adhering to the card base, I cut a long piece of Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon into a loose bow and adhered it to the card base, then popped the sentiment on top.
- To add some interest, the snowflakes were layered together in alternative colors and shapes then popped up onto the card base.
- I found some beautiful Snowflake Trinkets in my embellishment stash that exactly matched the snowflakes, and topped with rhinestones.
- Adding a few Highland Heather enamels dots was the finishing touch.
Snowflake Wishes Bundle
SNOWFLAKE WISHES STAMP SET
You’ll be stamping a creative storm with the snowflakes in the Snowflake Wishes Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! This set also includes an assortment of greetings for Christmas, friendship, and more. * 17 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): b, c, d
SO MANY SNOWFLAKES DIES
You’ll have flurries of fun with the images in the So Many Snowflakes Dies by Stampin’ Up! They include snowflakes in a variety of sizes along with a wintry label. * 8 dies
* Largest die: 4-5/16″ x 2-1/2″ (11 x 6.4 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cut It Up Challenge: Christmas
- Festive Friday Challenge: Winter Solstice (blue, purple, snowflakes, metallics, enamel dots)
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Anything with a bow
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Let It Snow
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
If you love great deals, our Giant Year-End Closeout event is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on your favorite products from the August–December 2020 Mini Catalog—and as an extra bonus—you’ll get a peek at the list of items carrying over to the new annual catalog. The Year-End Closeout happens only once a year, so don’t delay—make sure to share this exciting news with your customers today!
Quite Curvy Variety Bundle: includes the Quite Curvy Stamp Set, the Curvy Dies, the Curvy Christmas Stamp Set, and the Classic Christmas 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper.
QUITE CURVY STAMP SET: Branches, birds, and words combine in the Quite Curvy Stamp Set to help you say what you feel in the most beautiful way. Build scenes or use the sentiments separately. * 12 photopolymer stamps
CURVY DIES: You’ll be ahead of the curve when you add die-cut edges and accents to your projects using the Curvy Dies. * 10 dies * Largest die: 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
CURVY CHRISTMAS STAMP SET: Build a Christmas scene with the Curvy Christmas Stamp Set. *13 photopolymer stamps
CLASSIC CHRISTMAS 6″ X 6″ DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
* 48 sheets of patterned paper: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs * 6″ x 6″ * Acid free
Product colors: Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Shaded Spruce