I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season! We have a new challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz – “More than One Fold.” As I was going through some of the techniques I have saved, this fold was on the list twice. Surely that’s a sign that I really need to give it a go, right!? I am so happy with how this card turned out and it was so easy to make! All I really needed was a large sentiment (from So Sentimental stamp set) and the card did the rest. Love that!! I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This fun fold tutorial can be found HERE from Splitcoaststampers. The only difference with my card is that I decided to add Whisper White cardstock to the base of the card. It’s not really stated in the tutorial (but is mentioned in the video) is to add adhesive to hold the “spring” part of the card to the base.
- Sneak Peeks – Dragonfly punch and the Flowers & Field designer paper are part of the upcoming Sale-A-Bration! It’s so pretty and a great gift from Stampin’ Up! when you spend $50 on your order on/after January 5th!
- I also cut two stitched squares, one small and the other a bit bigger. Then, I cut the smaller one in half diagonally to add them to each side of the “spring.” The larger one is stamped with the sentiment on the diagonal, then popped it up onto the card base with dimensionals.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Next, I took the new Dandy Garden designer paper and punched out the large dragonfly – EASY! In case you noticed, I popped up the dragonfly with just a little strip of cardstock that I folded in half. Then, I adhered the body of the dragonfly on the paper strip and placed them onto the card base.
- Then, I made a double bow out of Bumblebee 1/4″ ribbon and placed it onto the card base with glue dots.
- Because the base of the card looked a bit bare, I cut out a couple of leaves from a die in the retired Stitched Seasons collection. Also, I cut 2 sets of flowers of 3 sizes and gave them a tiny bit of color with Pool Party Stampin’ Blends before gluing them together. After gluing them down, I added Pool Party Rhinestones for the flower centers.
- Oh, by the way, this card folds flat and can fit into a 5 1/2″ envelope. Love that!
So Sentimental Bundle
SO SENTIMENTAL CLING STAMP SET
Create tags, labels, and more with the phrases in the So Sentimental Stamp Set. These greetings are suitable for so many occasions—celebrating birthdays, welcoming new babies, saying “thank you.”
* 11 cling stamps
STITCHED SO SWEETLY DIES
Create frames and tags of various shapes and sizes using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating So Sentimental Stamp Set to quickly cut out sentiments for your handmade cards, tags, and more. You’ll love the versatility of these dies and the all-occasion sentiments from the stamp set.
* 10 dies
* Largest die: 4-1/8″ x 3″ (10.5 x 7.6 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List