Make My Monday is wrapping up our 2020 challenges with “Create a Background.” Although there are lots of ways to do that, such as watercoloring, smooshing, etc., I decided to use this new SplitcoastStampers tutorial to make a collage background. Because I am still creating holiday cards, I picked Tag Buffet to accomplish my cards to show you today. Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- These A6 holiday cards started with a half sheet of Whisper White cardstock. Following the tutorial mentioned above, I stamped the cardstock with various stamps all over. After that, I used a stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and brushed it into the negative areas. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Woven Heirlooms around, overlapping it with other stamped images.
- After that was done to my liking, I cut the panel into two and, using my new blending brushes, sponged around all of the edges with Gray Granite ink.
- In order to add some texture for the first card, I ran it through my die cutting machine inside the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Honestly, the background was the fun part of these cards!
- Starting with the sentiment, I stamped two and cut them out with a stitched rectangle die. Then, I cut the Real Red cardstock into two pieces that were 1 1/2″ thick. After that, I used the punches to cut them out for the focal point of the cards. In order to add the little bit of bling and bells along with ribbon, they were all put together and adhered the panels onto the card base.
Tag Buffet Project Kit – On Sale!
Create stunning seasonal gift tags with the Tag Buffet Project Kit! * Makes 30 tags: 5 each of 6 designs
Tag size: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ (8.3 x 10.8 cm)
* Includes 7-5/8″ x 5-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ designer box
*Product colors: Garden Green, gold, Pool Party, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, white
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge
- Winter Wonderland Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
If you love great deals, our Giant Year-End Closeout event is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on your favorite products from the August–December 2020 Mini Catalog—and as an extra bonus—you’ll get a peek at the list of items carrying over to the new annual catalog. The Year-End Closeout happens only once a year, so don’t delay—make sure to out this great sale today!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: