Sisterhood of Crafters just ended our first challenge of the year and, WOW, you all totally rocked your dies and embossing folders! Now, we want to see what you can do with “Create Your Background.” Although I am not good at this technique, I did happen to get a new Taylored Expressions stencil over the holiday season. It’s three stencils that layer over each other to achieve the bokeh effect that I love so much but find somewhat difficult to achieve with stamps. With bokeh as the background, I chose the very Pretty Perennials for the focal point. If you are looking for a stamp set with beautiful flowers and versatile sentiment stamps, this one will serve you well for years.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card measures 4 1/2″ x 6″ with Coastal Cabana as the card base.
- Next, using the Taylored Expressions Layering Stencil (TESN76-Bokeh), I began the process of brushing on three inks with each stencil. Once that was completed, I cut it out with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Then, I layered it onto Black cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After choosing the Pretty Perennials stamp set and coordinating dies, I stamped the floral image in Coastal Cabana ink and cropped it out with its die. Next, I cropped out the leaves and gave them a little blingy shine with clear Wink of Stella.
- Then, I cropped out the Hippo & Friends frame with Whisper White cardstock and popped up only one side of the flower with dimensionals.
- After that, I chose the sentiment I wanted to use and stamped “happy” onto the bokeh background with VersaMark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. Then, I stamped the “You make me” in similar fashion onto Coastal Cabana cardstock and cropped it out Classic Label Punch. In order to give these layers more definition, I lightly passed the Black Stampin’ Blends brush over the edges.
- Before adhering the background panel to the card base, I wrapped Balmy Blue baker’s twine where I wanted to pop up the flower panel and adhered it to the back.
- Finally, I added a few clear epoxy shapes to some of the bokeh dots as well as a black rhinestone to the center of the flower.
Pretty Perennials Bundle
PRETTY PERENNIALS STAMP SET
Blossoms that last forever – you’ll get them in the Pretty Perennials Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! The flowers, leaves, and greetings make this set wonderfully versatile.
* 21 photopolymer stamps
PERENNIAL PETALS DIES
Grow a garden of beauty with the images in the Perennial Petals Dies by Stampin’ Up! With leaves, flowers, and more, you’ll have everything you need to create accents for cards and other projects. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 22 dies * Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 2-1/16″ (8.3 x 5.2 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge: Beautiful Blooms
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Something Old/Something New
- NBUS Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Feminine
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE