Happy New Year from the Sisterhood of Crafters! We have a fun new challenge to start us off – “Embossing or Die Cuts.” Since I am always looking for fun backgrounds with paper scraps, I thought it would be fun to create one then emboss it. And, of course, I can’t make a card without using dies – at least, not by choice! By all accounts, the Sand & Sea Suite is going to be very popular, so, if you want it, get it before it goes into backorder! Friends Are Like Seashells is such a beautiful stamp set so this one will be a permanent one for my stash. Hope you like it! Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This card measures 5 1/2″ square so I could use 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. If you would like a tutorial, Splitcoaststampers’ Tutorial was very helpful.
- Then, I cut the Champagne Foil paper to 5″ square.
Now, the FUN Part!
- The really fun part of this card was creating the background layer. Since our challenge is looking for embossing and dies, this background is great for scraps. However, I couldn’t resist using brand new designer paper from the new spring catalog.
- Firstly, I started out by choosing three patterns and cutting them into 1″ squares. Then, I cut a piece of grid paper to 5″ square and then began adhering the squares to the grid. This can be a really fun process for all of you quilters!
- Once I had the entire paper covered, I cut it with a rounded corner square die, then ran it through my die machine in the Tin Tile embossing folder. Afterwards, I ran the Delicata Silver ink pad lightly over the raised areas to bring out the texture.
- The Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set is wonderful – the shells are gorgeous and go perfectly with the rest of the product suite! I will definitely be using the embossing folder and coordinating dies soon. My next step involved stamping the shell in both Seaside Spray and Blushing Bride then fussy cut them out. Afterwards, I used a silver Wink of Stella Marker on the edges.
- For the sentiment, I stamped it in Misty Moonlight ink and cropped it out with the Stitched Nested Labels Die. Then, I cut out a larger die with Seaside Spray cardstock and embossed it in the Subtle embossing folder for just a tad more texture on the card.
Sand & Sea Suite
It’s the perfect recipe for all things summery, fun, and relaxing. Start with the basics: stamped images, pretty paper. Add fun embellishments for a final touch, and your handmade cards and scrapbook pages are complete! You’ll love what you can do with this beachy collection.
The Sand & Sea Collection includes:
* Friends Are Like Seashells Photopolymer Stamp Set
+ Seaside Seashell Dies (bundle and save 10%)
* Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper
+ Pearlescent Specialty Paper
* Shimmering Shells Stickers
+ Seashells 3D Embossing Folder
* Opal Rounds
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge – Something New
- Ellibellie’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Something Old, Something New
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge – Feminine
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE