We are on to the next letter at the Alphabet Challenge – “V is for Vellum.” Although I really like the way vellum looks on a card, it’s not without its challenges, in my opinion. However, Stampin’ Up! has some great vellum doilies that fit the requirement nicely. Because the scalloped edges needed some background designer paper that would complement it, I got out the new Hydrangea Hill collection that is absolutely gorgeous! Since it seemed like a shame to cover it up, I then added a sentiment on vellum as well.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My Secrets for This Project:
- Firstly, this card measures 6 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ using Seaside Spray for the base.
- After choosing the patterned designer paper from Hydrangea Hill collection, I then cut it to 5 3/4″ x 4.” Then, I layered it onto Whisper White cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Since the challenge is to use vellum, I was excited to use the new Square Vellum Doilies. Because they don’t have any color, I used the Light Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends marker to color on the back side of the vellum. Fun!
- After that, I stamped Vellum with the sentiment stamp from Happy Thoughts with Misty Moonlight ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Secret: There’s no need to use VersaMark on vellum because it takes so long to dry. Therefore, all you need to do is use ink and embossing powder. Then, heat both sides of the vellum with a hot heat gun, avoiding warping the vellum.
- After I finished the sentiment, I cropped it out with a Layering Circle die, then layered it onto the square vellum and punched two holes to place the mini brads. This is a great way to avoid using adhesive on vellum!
- Before attaching the panel onto the card base, I adhered the ribbon to the spot where the vellum piece goes. Then, I placed glue dots over the backs of the brads to adhere it to the card base.
- Finally, because the card still looked a bit bare for my style, it needed a little life. So, I stamped my favorite butterfly and a small flower from Butterfly Wishes and a little bling to complete the card.
Hydrangea Hill Suite
The Hydrangea Hill Suite Collection includes:
* Hydrangea Haven Photopolymer Stamp Set (10% off)
+ Hydrangea Dies (10% off)
* Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper
+ Pastel Pearls
* Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ (1 cm) Sheer Ribbon
+ Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Designer Acetate
Product colors: Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Moving Along with the Times Challenge
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!