It’s time for another challenge at Make My Monday, which is “Hello” – let’s see your all occasion cards that you make to send to your friends and family, especially during this pandemic. My card was inspired by the Kangaroo & Company bundle. I’m not sure if I’ve shared with you or not, but I have an older daughter who lives in Brisbane, Australia, so this card is for her. It takes a whopping 3-4 weeks for mail to arrive there so I will be getting this in the mail pronto. Of course, it’s taking almost that long to get mail sent domestically right now LOL!
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this 5 1/2″ square card started with Whisper White Thick cardstock because using this cardstock would really help to keep the card base strong after cutting it with the die.
- Then, I used the brand new 6″x6″ Subtles DSP which is a sneak peek product from the upcoming annual catalog and you can get as a free gift only when you join Stampin’ Up! during Sale-A-Bration. What a deal! That’s 5 packs of paper – whatcha waitin’ for!?!
Now, the FUN Part!
- Next, on to the focal images – these kangaroos are so cute and wonderful to color, using Stampin’ Blends (listed below). Then, I colored the sweet little hearts and cropped them all out, including the the little tag to insert into Mama Kangaroo’s pouch.
- Once the kangaroos were completed, I started on the background by stenciling in Pool Party clouds and Pear Pizzazz grass, then cutting it out with a circle die.
- To finish it off, I stamped the sweet sentiment in Meant To Be Stamp Set in black ink and cropped it with the little banner from Ornate Frames.
- Finally, I stamped and colored the cute little butterfly and and added a trio of the Elegant Faceted Gems.
KANGAROO & COMPANY STAMP SET
You’ll bounce with creativity with the fun images in the Kangaroo & Company Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Create scenes with the adorable kangaroos and accessories such as gifts and party hats. Everything is a party! Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products. * 20 photopolymer stamps
Kangaroos, flower bouquets, envelopes, and more. Create this and more with the Kangaroo Dies by Stampin’ Up! Use them for birthdays, springtime, and more. Contact your demonstrator about coordinating products. * 11 dies * Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Country View Challenge: Squares
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: Make It Cute
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge
- Send A Smile To Kids Challenge: Love/Valentines
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE