Cardz 4 Galz has a very unique challenge for you starting today – “Inspired by the Beatles.” I am terrible at creating cards based on books or songs but I had no problem whatsoever with this challenge! Firstly, a quick search of their greatest hits got my creative juices going. Then, I saw the pretty, new Sweet Strawberry Stamp set with a coordinating punch in the new catalog. After seeing another bundle in the Sale-A-Bration brochure that I could get for FREE (with $100 order), my decision was made.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along! In case you need some help, here is a great list of Beatles songs to inspire you as well. Do you know the song title that inspired my card? Tell me in a comment and one random stamper who answers correctly will win a free stamp set! The winner (USA mailing address only) will be announced on February 5th so don’t leave without your comment today!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card is a 6″ square format – my favorite – and cut the 12″ x 12″ Granny Apple Green cardstock at 6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I layered the Berry Delightful designer paper onto Poppy Parade cardstock. Before I adhered it though, I cut out a window with the Stitched Nested Label die from the designer paper so that the Poppy Parade should show from underneath.
Now, the FUN Part!
- To begin with the focal images, I stamped the strawberries with Poppy Parade ink. Because they are two step stamping, I used the “filler” image by stamping off first (second generation) to get a lighter ink color.
- Next, I stamped the leaves (both large and small) with Granny Apple Green ink. Then, I stamped all of these different elements on separate pieces of scrap Whisper White cardstock to make it easy to punch them out.
- After that, I stamped the small flowers with Flirty Flamingo ink, punching them out with the coordinating punch. Also, I cut out a couple of extra flowers to be able to pop one of the flowers up.
- Also, the leaves for the flowers are the same as the one on the top of the strawberries, just cut in half.
- Then, the sentiment was stamped in Granny Apple Green ink and cropped out with a smaller Nested Label die.
- Because no card is complete without a little bling, I decided to color some clear epoxy dots with my Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends marker to place on the flowers and strawberry leaves.
SWEET STRAWBERRY STAMP SET
Full of plump strawberries and all-occasion sentiments, this is a stamp set you’ll reach for again and again to create handmade cards, scrapbook pages, and more. * 16 photopolymer stamps (Distinktive)
STRAWBERRY BUILDER PUNCH
Quickly cut out stamped images or build a strawberry with one punch. Use your favorite paper and colors to customize it just the way you want.
* Largest punched image: 1-5/16″ x 1-1/4″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Something Old/Something New
- NBUS Challenge (stamps, designer paper, punch)
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Feminine
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- Paper Shelter Challenge: Happy Birthday
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All About O
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE