We have a great challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz – Cocktails, Wine or Coffee. Since I don’t drink alcohol, it was a no-brainer to go with my personal favorite drink, coffee. Furthermore, I have some stamps that haven’t felt any love lately so it was time to dust them off. Ultimately, I chose Coffee Cafe because it had some fun coordinating dies. That will almost always be the deciding factor LOL. Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Let’s do the background first. I started out with Soft Suede cardstock from the Neutrals 12×12 cardstock pack, cut at 12″x4 1/2″ and scored at 6.”
- Then, I layered the designer paper from Poinsettia Place pack over Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered them to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped, cut and paper pieced the coffee cup.
- After that was completed, I began stamping, cutting and adhering the layers to put behind it.
- Once I had all of those adhered to the card base, I decided to use the sentiment from Warm Hugs. I stamped and cut it out with the coordinating die, then sponged the edges ever so lightly. To fill the center of the sentiment, I punched out a heart from Soft Suede scrap cardstock and popped it up for a little dimension.
- Finally, to add the finishing touch, I placed a few copper embellishments (from an older kit).
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Rainbow Card Challenge – Neutrals
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Layer It Up
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- The Card Concept Challenge – Winter Warmth
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZRE7DDUM when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!