Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge starting today, “Pink and Brown.” I have to say that I was quite challenged with that color combination surprisingly. Then, I I came across this video by the Artful Stampin’ demonstrator, Ruth Trice and was inspired by the combination of stamps she used. So, I got out Beautiful Friendship, Woven Heirloom, and Very Versailles – all favorites in my stamp collection – and proceeded to make this all occasion card for all the shabby chic lovers out there.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, the card base is one of my favorite in colors, which will be sadly retiring this year, and encourage anyone who likes it as well to get it now!
- After that, the stamped panel I made was layered onto Crumb Cake cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Indeed, stamping this background was the fun part of this card. I didn’t detail it a tremendous amount due to time issues (sadly the deadline was nearing). However, I can tell you that it was so easy to make, and had this card finished in no time at all.
- Firstly, I stamped the background with stamps in Crumb Cake, then stamped the flowers in Rococo Rose ink. Once I was happy with the flowers, I added the Pear Pizzazz leaves. Then, I took the panel and cropped it in the large Ornate Frames die and dry embossed it in the Tasteful Texture embossing folder.
- Finally, I stamped the Meant To Be sentiment in Rococo Rose and cropped it out with the Stitched Shapes oval die and cut a second oval to give it some dimension. After that, I adhered it to a Crumb Cake Layering Oval scalloped oval die. To finish it off, a small piece of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim went underneath the sentiment before adhering to the card base.
Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set
Get that professional watercolor look with the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set. Celebrate friendships, birthdays, and more. * 13 photopolymer stamps
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- The Crafting Challenge: Die Cuts/Punches
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Hearts/Flowers
- Papercraft Challenge: Heat/Dry Embossing
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Flowers, Butterflies, Birds
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZRE7DDUM when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!