It’s time for another challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters. The theme is “Sun/Smile” and I found way to use both. Incorporating some old/new stash products, it was the perfect time to use the new Darling Donkeys stamp set (FREE with a $50 order). I just love how these adorable donkeys are all smiling!
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, I made the A6 card base from So Saffron cardstock – my favorite yellow. Once my scene was created, I layered it onto Soft Suede cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- To create the background scenery, I cut Whisper White cardstock to fit onto the Soft Suede layer then stenciled the sunrise with So Saffron ink.
- After that, I stamped the mountains in Soft Suede ink and colored it with Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends lightly. Then, I took the Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends and colored below the mountains to look like water.
- To add a little more to the background, I cut Shaded Spruce cardstock with an old die from the Basket Builder dies, then added more Shaded Spruce cardstock to to the size of the Whisper White.
- After that, I stamped the donkeys in Soft Suede and colored them with Gray Granite, then fussy cut them out.
- For the sentiments, all I had to do was crop out “smile” – both the word and the shadows, then glued them all together. Then, the sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped out with Classic Label Punch, with So Saffron cardstock in the background.
Darling Donkeys Stamp Set
Brighten someone’s day with the Darling Donkeys Stamp Set! No matter the occasion, these adorable burros are sure to bring a smile. Use one lovable donkey or combine them to create your own happy herd. The open line art design allows you to use your favorite coloring technique to perfect the look. This stamp set is also available in French. * 8 cling stamps
This item is free with a qualifying purchase! Add at least $50.00 to your cart to qualify for this free item.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 3XJPUTRF when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!