Welcome to the very first Creative Creases Challenge!
I am so excited to start this challenge since I have been wanting to do it for a very long time. Recently, when I couldn’t find a challenge with a fun folds theme, I knew it was a sign to finally get one started. Because fun folds are not limited to just cards, don’t be afraid to submit your 3D projects, just make sure that your work involves paper and stamps. My project today started with a great tutorial to make the frame from Terri Gaines and pairing the new Butterfly Brilliance bundle with Many Layered Blossoms and Forever Flourishing dies.
Creative Creases Challenge #1
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold (must have a minimum of 2 score lines) runs through March 4th at noon.
I will announce a winner on March 5th at the beginning of my next challenge.
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
To play along, simply use the linky tool below.
My Secrets for This Project:
- Firstly, this project started with scoring the wonderful In Good Taste designer paper, making 4 score lines 1/2″ apart on all sides. After that, I cut the intersecting score lines off – 2″ from each corner. Then, on opposite sides, I made a score line at 1/2″ on each end to the second mark (1″) and cut it off to the third line, so that it made a mitered corner.
- Secondly, I burnished each score line with a bone folder, added adhesive tape, then rolled up each side, adding just a touch of liquid glue to each of the mitered corners.
- Before starting on the the focal images, I made a square of two patterns of designer paper from Peony Gardens, adhering them together and onto the frame.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, this was so much fun to put together, cutting the large floral dies from Many Layered Blossoms with Shimmery White cardstock and Champagne foil papers.
- After that, I cut Peony Garden DSP and Whisper White cardstock with the leaves from Forever Flourishing dies and glued them together. Also, a few flowers were made with Petal Pink and Whisper White cardstock.
- Then, I stamped the butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle (SNEAK PEEK!) that will be available soon! (You will certainly want this one!) Once all of the butterflies were cut, I colored one of them with the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. Then, I added the Droplet to the body and popped it up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I added a sentiment from the To A Wild Rose stamp set and cropped it out with the Hippo & Friends die, as well as made a bow with the Gray Granite ribbon and a few Metallic Pearls to the flowers.
My Very First Video! How to Make the Frame
Butterfly Brilliance Bundle
Prepare yourself for a burst of butterflies with the Butterfly Brilliance Background Stamp. Use this stamp to create projects for Mother’s Day, weddings, and more. Pair this stamp with greetings of your choice to customize it for the season or occasion. Stamp the line-art image and add color with your choice of coloring technique, or apply different colors of ink to the stamp before stamping to create a unique look. Whatever you do with it, the results will be glorious.
- 1 cling stamp
- 12 dies
- Largest die: 5-7/8 x 4-5/8″ (14.9 x 11.7 cm)
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- The Die Cut Diva’s Challenge: Fun Folds
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Hearts or Flowers
- Lost Coast Challenge: Winged Things
- NBUS Challenge: (Butterfly Brilliance bundle is new)
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Flowers, Butterflies or Birds
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!