Welcome to the very first Creative Creases Challenge!
I am so excited to start this challenge since I have been wanting to do it for a very long time. Recently, when I couldn’t find a challenge with a fun folds theme, I knew it was a sign to finally get one started. Because fun folds are not limited to just cards, don’t be afraid to submit your 3D projects, just make sure that your work involves paper and stamps. My project today started with a great tutorial to make the frame from Terri Gaines and pairing the new Butterfly Brilliance bundle with Many Layered Blossoms and Forever Flourishing dies.
Creative Creases Challenge #1
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold (must have a minimum of 2 score lines) runs through March 4th at noon.
I will announce a winner on March 5th at the beginning of my next challenge.
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
To play along, simply use the linky tool below.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this project started with scoring the wonderful In Good Taste designer paper, making 4 score lines 1/2″ apart on all sides. After that, I cut the intersecting score lines off – 2″ from each corner. Then, on opposite sides, I made a score line at 1/2″ on each end to the second mark (1″) and cut it off to the third line, so that it made a mitered corner.
- Secondly, I burnished each score line with a bone folder, added adhesive tape, then rolled up each side, adding just a touch of liquid glue to each of the mitered corners.
- Before starting on the the focal images, I made a square of two patterns of designer paper from Peony Gardens, adhering them together and onto the frame.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, this was so much fun to put together, cutting the large floral dies from Many Layered Blossoms with Shimmery White cardstock and Champagne foil papers.
- After that, I cut Peony Garden DSP and Whisper White cardstock with the leaves from Forever Flourishing dies and glued them together. Also, a few flowers were made with Petal Pink and Whisper White cardstock.
- Then, I stamped the butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle (SNEAK PEEK!) that will be available soon! (You will certainly want this one!) Once all of the butterflies were cut, I colored one of them with the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. Then, I added the Droplet to the body and popped it up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I added a sentiment from the To A Wild Rose stamp set and cropped it out with the Hippo & Friends die, as well as made a bow with the Gray Granite ribbon and a few Metallic Pearls to the flowers.
My Very First Video! How to Make the Frame
Butterfly Brilliance Bundle
Prepare yourself for a burst of butterflies with the Butterfly Brilliance Background Stamp. Use this stamp to create projects for Mother’s Day, weddings, and more. Pair this stamp with greetings of your choice to customize it for the season or occasion. Stamp the line-art image and add color with your choice of coloring technique, or apply different colors of ink to the stamp before stamping to create a unique look. Whatever you do with it, the results will be glorious.
- 1 cling stamp
- 12 dies
- Largest die: 5-7/8 x 4-5/8″ (14.9 x 11.7 cm)
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- The Die Cut Diva’s Challenge: Fun Folds
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Hearts or Flowers
- Lost Coast Challenge: Winged Things
- NBUS Challenge: (Butterfly Brilliance bundle is new)
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Flowers, Butterflies or Birds
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sale-A-Bration Time and a new Spring Catalog!
Click these links to see the catalogs online:
During the SAB sale period (January 5th through February 28th), I am offering FREE SHIPPING (up to $10) to you for orders over $50
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List
Debbie, what an absolutely gorgeous creation! Great step by step video of the how to on the frame. Thank you for sharing and I can’t wait to participate in your Creative Creases Challenge.
Wow! Debbie, this card is stunning. I have seen this design but never thought about making one. Thanks for all your tips and video. Enjoy your day!
I’m wowed by your video! You made something that looks really complicated look so easy. Great directions! Now I have to make one!
Debbie, thank you so much for sharing this fun project with us. Your video is a great step by step in showing exactly how it’s done. I cannot wait to get stamping and enter your challenge 🙂
Your card is just amazing! So much beautiful detail and soft color. Just lovely. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!
Debbie, this frame is stunning. I am going to give it a try without a doubt and will be joining you in your challenge. Thank you for your inspiration.
Congrats on your new challenge adventure!
Your card is so beautiful! Love the blush and gray color combo and just a wonderful design! Congrats on your first video as well, I’ll be sure to take a look!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
What a fabulous idea. I just need to think of something now x
Debbie, how very lovely and you make it look easy! Great tutorial and inspiration. Since I don’t blog, I won’t be entering your challenges but I will be excited to see the submissions and more of your videos.
Thank you for your kind comment, Denise! You can play along with the challenge with Pinterest and even Facebook – no blog is required. Hope to see you play along soon!
Debbie this is fabulous! I can’t wait to try making this frame. Thank you for the video!
A magnificent card, with it’s frame and flowers, beautiful colour combo also. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT
Hi Debbie – gorgeous framed piece – just love the soft colors!! Fun video too – thanks for the tutorial. I’ll have to try and play in your new fun fold challenge – thanks for starting one!
Wow.. what an amazing work and fab Blog Challenge! Congrats for this and best luck!
Hugs and stay safe
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Very pretty Debbie and the frame looks fab! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx
Wow, absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing the instructions and video too!
Gorgeous and congratulations on creating this new challenge on Fun Folds. I’ll be participating periodically for sure. I am the person responsible for your updated information in Paper Playful. I was a little confused as when added to my Friday challenges your personal link was used which brought me to you submission for the Alphabet Challenge… by the way your Dutch Double fold is also gorgeous. I think I have the right link to go directly to your challenge now. As information, I too started a challenge back a couple years ago called Double Trouble, and having a lot of fun with it… hope you check us out for our fun two-week challenges. Our current challenge is “Layer It On” and you certainly meet that requirement. Hope to see you there at: https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/
Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Fold It” challenge this month.
Beautiful project! Happy to see a new challenge which I hope to take part in occasionally!
this is lovely and thank you for sharing how to create the frame.
Beautiful decor piece! Have always enjoyed your cards and creations, your finished products are so polished and professional looking. Thank you for sharing your talents!
What an incredible project. I had to look twice to see where you incorporated your “minimum of 2 score lines”. Thank you for the video explaining how this was created. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.
Hi Debbie,I was wondering on the frame video what size the inside papers are?I believe there are perhaps 3 more sizes.I’m fairly new at crafting so I was hoping you could give me the measurements. Thank you so much.
Congratulations on your first video! You did a very nice job! Your instructions were clear and easy to follow! I have done boxes like this before and had good success with the instructions for those, but this video makes the process look so much easier, so thank you very much! I have admired your creations and the intricate details of your work. Your perfectionism shows in your projects. Thank you for your inspiration, Debbie!
Good luck with your challenge. Love the frame and your card is lovely with beautiful details. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz
WOW … congrats on your new adventure and best of luck! I will play along as often as I can! Another good place to advertise your new challenge is over on Paper Playful…http://paperplayful.blogspot.com/
Check out the sidebar for directions on applying. Beautiful project … GREAT JOB!