It’s time to begin a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz wants to see your cards for “Mother’s Day or For a Special Lady.” Here in the USA, Mother’s Day is annually held on the second Sunday of May, which is May 9th this year. However, in the UK, Mother’s Day always falls on the fourth Sunday of Lent, which is March 14th this year. So, this is a great time to get your card(s) made, whether you need it soon or not. I’m sure you will brighten the day for a deserving mom or special person. To begin my card, I wanted to use the brand new Welcoming Window bundle, and I just love how this card turned out!
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base is a 6″ square, using Sahara Sand 12×12 cardstock. For the card front background, I got to finally use the Oh So Ombre designer paper, which I dry embossed in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder and layered onto Whisper White cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, to make the window and shutters, I ran the window die through my die machine twice. After that, I sponged the edges of the window. Then, I sponged each of the window panels of one of the windows with both Sahara Sand and So Saffron ink. Following that step, I glued the two window frames together and used a piece of packing tape onto the back, cutting off any excess. Then, I placed one layer of window panels into the window frames, which gave it some dimension.
- So then, I stamped the shutters in Sahara Sand and cut those out and two more to glue them together for more dimension.
- After that, for my next step, I stamped the leaves from Quite Curvy stamp set in Old Olive ink and colored them with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Then, it was cut with the coordinating die and also fussy cut so I would lay it straight on the card.
- The next step was stamping the sentiment in Old Olive ink and cutting it with the Double Oval Punch – I really love this one! To add more dimension, I layered it onto two more layers, then the Sahara Sand cardstock cut with the Ornate Frames die.
- Lastly, I wanted a little life on the card, so I stamped and colored the little bird from Quite Curvy as well as the tree branches from Sweet Silhouettes dies, coloring the leaves with Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
Welcoming Window Bundle
WELCOMING WINDOW STAMP SET
Re-create the cozy feeling of sitting at a window, looking out at the world with the images in the Welcoming Window Stamp Set.
* 19 photopolymer stamps
WINDOW FLOWER BOX DIES
Create a welcoming window complete with die-cut window boxes, shutters, and accent pieces using the Window Flower Box Dies. * 16 dies
* Largest die: 2-1/2″ x 1-7/8″ (6.4 x 4.8 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Any Occasion
- 2 Sisters On The Blog Challenge: Birds
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Animals/Birds
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Flowers, Butterflies or Birds
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE