Are you ready for a new Alphabet challenge? We are now onto “W is for Woodland Fauna or Flora.” Fun, right?! During the search for what my card could use, I came across Rustic Retreat stamp set, which is such a versatile set and I hadn’t used before. Furthermore, this card fulfills my promise to make holidays cards every month, but there are wonderful sentiments for lots of occasions. In the end, this is a great stamp set for those who love the outdoors.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made the card base from Mossy Meadow cardstock, then layered it with the promotional designer paper during Sale-A-Bration – I just love this plaid pattern!
Now, the FUN Part!
- After a few stops and starts, I finally got the focal point the way I wanted it. Firstly, I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink. After that, I stamped both the house and the bear and colored them with Stampin’ Blends (listed below). Then, they were cropped out with dies.
- Before adhering them to the card base, I layered the sentiment layer onto Crumb Cake, adhered some of the braided linen trim down, then popped up the house and the bear with dimensionals.
- Finally, I found some Soft Suede enamel dots for just a little bling.
Rustic Retreat Stamp Set
Step into nature with the Rustic Retreat Stamp Set. This set offers an idyllic setting for creating beautiful moments with its uplifting sentiments and fun forest images, including a friendly bear. Inspired by Million Sales Achiever Mary Polcin.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends Challenge – Animals/Birds
- Dream Valley Challenge – Add Some Green
- NBUS Challenge (used a new stamp set)
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All About Occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE