Creative Creases Challenge # 2
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold (minimum of 2 score lines) runs through March 18th at noon.
Welcome to the second Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my first one! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along, which ended yesterday at noon. For my new project, I made a Triple Cube card, using the beautiful Art Gallery coordinating dies and Fine Art designer paper – an absolutely gorgeous DSP. Because there isn’t a bunch of stamping done on this project, the paper had to be the best and Fine Art was such a perfect choice. Moreover, can you believe that this fun fold project folds into a mailing envelope? How cool is that?!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, to start this Triple Cube project, I found a wonderful Splitcoaststampers tutorial, so I read the instructions and watched the video. Then, I absolutely had to change it, seeing if I could make it just a wee bit bigger by using a sheet of 12×12 cardstock. What I came up with was the following:
- Cube Measurements:
- Cut the 12×12 cardstock to 11″ x 11 1/2″.
- On the 11 1/2″ side, score at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ 8 1/4, and 11″.
- Then, on the 11″ side, cut the paper at 5 1/2″ and 8 1/4″. After that, I burnished all of the score lines with a bone folder.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut Poppy Parade cardstock (this project used quite a bit of scraps – another plus!) into 10 squares measuring 2 1/2″. Then, I cut another 10 squares of the designer paper measuring 2 1/4″ and adhered both of those together. Plus, for the inside of the tall cube, I cut another patterned paper into 4 pieces of 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″. Also, when I glued the two smaller cubes onto the tall cube, I put the flap part at the top against the tall cube so it’s not noticeable at all.
- After that, I began placing the squares onto the cubes, leaving only the two pieces of the small cubes to cover up the small pop-up pieces. SECRET: I had no idea that I was going to add the “Just want to say” sentiment on the top when I was putting the squares onto the large cube. If I had known that, I would have waited to add the DSP squares till I had added that element. However, I really wanted to add it once I thought of it, and had to think of a way that it wouldn’t show. Finally, I decided to use a small rectangle of Window Sheet and that made it totally invisible.
It’s Time for the Sentiment
- Then, it was time to add a sentiment and just love the “Happy Birthday” in the Happy Thoughts sentiment set! After stamping it, I cut it out with the Hippo & Friends dies, with more Poppy Parade to layer it on.
- Finally, I decided to add a panel on the back for a personal message, and also another panel of designer paper. Those were cut at 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ for cardstock and 5″ x 2 1/4″ for the designer paper/Whisper White cardstock.
- I hope you like my Triple Cube project today! I already have ideas on how to step it up even more – what would you like to see added?
I am playing in these challenges:
- As You Like It Challenge – Favourite Reason / Occasion to send a card & why (I love sending birthday cards to celebrate someone’s birthday. No one should feel that their birthday isn’t special to someone else! It’s why I got into cardmaking in the first place.)
- C.R.A.F.T Challenge
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- Everybody Art Challenge – Birthday
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- TIME OUT Challenge – Birthday
- Unicorn Challenge – Make It Feminine
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All about Occasions
And Creative Creases Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery for the last challenge were truly great and very inspirational! I really couldn’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomly chosen the top pick.
#6 Debi B is the winner!
Please display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! Your project has been pinned to my Pinterest Winners Board, AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Participate in no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.