Cardz 4 Galz has a new theme starting today, “Coffee or Tea.” Although my card doesn’t support this, my drink of choice is coffee. That said, I have a family where half prefer tea so it only makes sense to make a tea card once in a while! I really don’t have a tremendous amount of supplies for this theme but remembered that I bought a Sizzix Bigz die years ago, so I dug it out for today’s project. Then, I was able to find some other fun products to make this card.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My Secrets for This Project:
- Firstly, this card started with Soft Suede cardstock cut to 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Love You Always designer paper to 4 1/2″ x 6″ and adhered it to the card base. Then, the Metallic Foil paper was cropped with the Ornate Layers die and also adhered to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut the tea cup with Whisper White and the Love You Always designer paper so I could paper piece them together after sponging the edges with Soft Suede ink. Also, I added just a little shading with pencils to the saucer.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Tea Together in Soft Suede ink and trimmed it to resemble a tea bag, then sponged the edges. Then, I staple a piece of baker’s twine and taped the other end to the back of the tea cup.
- After gluing a vellum doily to the card base, I adhered the tea cup over it.
- Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Enjoy The Moment in Soft Suede ink and cropped it with the Ornate Frames die. Then, it was popped up with a dimensional and added the Metallic Pearls.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sales Period: 24 March, 1:00 PM (MT) – 3 May 2021, 11:59 PM (MT)
- Only select items in the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog will be discounted.
- Sale applies to all order types except host items (see Last-Chance Products List for items on sale).
- No minimum purchase is required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!