Hey, Crafters! Are you ready for the new challenge at Make My Monday? For this challenge, it’s time to get those “Easter and/or Spring” cards done and we’d just love to see them in our gallery!! Firstly, if you follow me, you know how much I love designer paper and Stampin’ Up! truly has the best. For today’s card, I started with the Ornate Garden DSP that is just white with gold floral outlines. Then, bringing out the light shades of the perfect spring colors of Stampin’ Blends, I got to work on making this pretty background. After that, all I needed to do was add the images from retired Fable Friends stamp set and this card was done.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My Secrets for This Project:
- Firstly, this card started with Whisper White cardstock, cut at 5 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2.”
- Then, I cut the beautiful gold and white floral pattern from Ornate Garden DSP (5″ square) and began coloring. After that was finished, I layered it onto gold foil paper.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Next, I stamped the cute bunny and fussy cut her out. Since I wanted to use the Impression Obsession sentiment as a focal point, I then stamped it in Highland Heather ink and cropped it out with the layering ovals. In order to give it an “anchor,” it made sense to find one that didn’t entirely cover up the pretty flowers. So, the Flowering Vine dies were the perfect choice!
- Finally, I stamped the “Happy Spring” sentiment and cropped it out with an Ornate Frames die and added Metallic Pearls around the Flowering Vine die for a touch of bling.
Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper
On sale! $6 (while supplies last)
Detailed floral images, gold foil, and more! The Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper features lovely flowers plus all-occasion designs for a modern take on classic Victorian florals. Some sheets include gold foil designs. This papercrafting staple is great scrapbook paper, card making paper, and more!
I am playing along with the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!