Are you ready for a new theme at Make My Monday? I am the host for the next two weeks and chose “masculine birthday” because I have lots of men needing cards coming up soon! Masculine cards can be challenging to create but this Handsomely Suited bundle made it so easy – and fun!
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
For the birthday card: Card base: 4 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6″ DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″
For the Father’s Day card: Card base: 6 1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2″. Inside card base: 4 1/4″ x 12″ and scored at 6″. DSP: 4 1/4″ x 6″
- Firstly, for the birthday card, I cut a piece of Smoky Slate 12×12 cardstock to make a top folding A6 card, and, for the second card, (it has a Father’s Day greeting inside), a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock that I cut to 9″ x 6 1/2″ for a side folding card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I began the process of cutting the pieces of designer paper into the suit. Because I made the birthday card first, all of the suit elements are on the card front, but, with the Father’s Day card, the “jacket” is the card front and the “dress shirt” is on the inside. In case you are wondering about the Father’s Day card, I added a second card inside to place the “shirt” elements that flips open for the sentiment and personal greeting.
- Then, I stamped and colored the tie with Stampin’ Blends, and cut them out with the coordinating die. Once all of the elements of each card were cut, I began assembling them, with the Father’s Day card, all of the layering pieces were cut twice to give them a little more dimension (can’t have too much dimension, IMHO).
- Finally, for the birthday card, I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink and cut it out with the Treasured Tags Punch, then added the Clear & Frosted Epoxy Droplets, because they certainly looked like a tie clip that a guy would like! Also, for the Father’s Day card, I used a retired Urban Underground trinket.
HANDSOMELY SUITED STAMP SET
Celebrate the men in your life with the Handsomely Suited Stamp Set. These images will suit handmade cards you create for Father’s Day, birthdays, or any occasion. * 9 cling stamps
SUIT & TIE DIES
Create the best-dressed projects using the Suit & Tie Dies. Add accents or create an entire shirt front.
* 14 dies
* Largest die: 6″ x 4-7/8″ (15.2 x 12.4 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE