Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge has a new challenge for you. Are you are ready to get some of your favorite dies out to play? Because I am rather addicted to using dies on my cards, my problem is always which ones to use! However, I didn’t have to look for long, because Painted Poppies has some great dies. Moreover, I found great designer papers for my watercoloring “phobia” in an unlikely place for a floral card – Sand & Sea designer paper pack.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my card is 6″ square from the Neutrals 12×12 cardstock, cutting it to 6×12 and scoring at 6.”
- After that, I took the patterned paper and cut to 5 1/4″ then Very Vanilla cardstock, cut to 5 1/2.”
- Once done, I stamped the paper with images from Very Versailles for a subtle background.
- Then, I distressed the edges and sponged them as well as the card base with Sahara Sand ink.
Finally, the FUN Part!
- To begin making the focal point, I took another pattern from the Sand & Sea paper and cut out the poppies. Then, I used Sahara Sand cardstock to cut the outline. After that, I added Wink of Stella for a little shimmer.
- Once I was finished with the flowers, I cut out the leaves. Then, I kept some of them natural with just a touch of sponging and others colored with stampin’ blends.
- Looking through my scraps, I found a Very Vanilla oval cut out with a Wonky die. This was distressed and stamped with Posted For You stamps. After that, I stamped and colored the “Love” stamp and cropped it with the Postage Punch. Then I adhered the ribbon down with adhesive and popped the oval on top.
Painted Poppies Bundle – 10% off till May 3rd!
PAINTED POPPIES CLING STAMP SET
The Painted Poppies Stamp Set is inspired by a field of poppies and features beautiful line-art images you can fill in with your choice of coloring techniques.
* 9 cling stamps
PAINTED LABELS DIES
Create labels, tags, gorgeous poppies and leaves, a swirly frame, and more for handmade cards, tags, and other fun paper crafts using the Painted Labels Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating Painted Poppies Stamp Set to quickly cut out stamped images from the set. * 9 dies
* Largest die: 3-1/4″” x 2-1/16″” (8.3 x 5.2 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Challenge Up Your Life Challenge – Flowers
- Daisy Chain Challenge – Flowers
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge
- My Time to Craft Challenge – Make It Feminine
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Shabby Chic/Distressed
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE