Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today, but firstly let me thank all of you who played in my masculine birthday challenge last go-round. Wow, the guys have to be happy that you all make cards because they were all wonderful creations. Now for the next challenge we have “Clean and Simple” and that can be interpreted whichever way you like. For some crafters, they can create beautiful cards with just an image. But, I attempt the “more white space” goal – and that’s even difficult! LOL To start my card, I really had to think about what image could take such a minimalist approach on the card front, but as soon as I saw my Band Together stamp set, I just knew it would be perfect. If you’re interested to learn how I made this card, read on!
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card started with thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 6″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- After that, I dry embossed Whisper White cardstock in the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder and adhered to Highland Heather cardstock.
- Before I adhered the panel to the card front, I cut out the Detailed Bands die with Highland Heather and wrapped it around the panel.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Next up was stamping and coloring the flower image, using Highland Heather and Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends markers for the flower as well as Mint Macaron for the leaves. Then, I fussy cut the entire image.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment in black ink and cropped it out with the Double Oval Punch. Then, I cropped the scallop with more Whisper White cardstock to stay within the “CAS” theme.
- Finally, I decided that the card needed just a little bling so I colored three Elegant Faceted Gems with the Highland Heather marker.
Band Together Stamp Set
Show someone how much they mean to you with the Band Together Stamp Set. This beautiful flower can’t wait to be stamped and handed over as a token of love! Quantity: 8 cling stamps
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- CAS on Friday Challenge – Spring
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Spring Colors
- My Time To Craft Challenge – Make It Feminine
- Patti’s Creations Challenge
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Say It With Flowers
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All Things Feminine
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE