We begin a brand new alphabet at the Alphabet Challenge! For our next challenge, we want to see your “A is for Anniversary” cards. I just got the Soar Confidently stamp set and thought the images were great for a masculine card. Then, all I needed to do was add some texture to the background and this card was done.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card started with Early Espresso 12″ x 4 1/2″ cardstock, scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the World of Good patterned designer paper to 4 1/8″ x 5 5/8″ and dry embossed it in the Old World embossing folder for some texture. Then, I distressed the edges and sponged Crumb Cake ink on the edges.
- Finally, I layered it onto Cajun Craze cardstock that measured 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ and distressed the edges and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. Before adhering it to the card base, I wrapped and tied the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Onto the focal image, I found an oval shape that would be perfect to use. So, all I had to do was stamp the sentiment from Beautiful World onto it, then ran it through the Subtle embossing folder.
- Using the Soar Confidently stamp set for the first time, I decided to ink up the hot air balloon with Crumb Cake ink. Then, I colored it lightly with the Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends marker because I thought it was close to a sepia color for old photos.
- Finally, I stamped the “Happy Anniversary” sentiment from Many Mates in Cajun Craze and cropped it out with the Tasteful Labels dies.
SOAR CONFIDENTLY STAMP SET
The sky’s the limit when it comes to creativity! Create your own handmade cards using the images in the Soar Confidently Stamp Set. Hot air balloons and old-timey airplanes combine with sentiments for Father’s Day, encouragement, congratulations–create cards for all the guys in your life. * 7 cling stamps
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- NBUS Challenge – new stamp set
- Love to Craft Challenge
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge – new stamp set
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog Begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE