The Alphabet Challenge starts our new challenge today, “B is for Birds” – what a great theme that is! I love the Birds & Branches stamp set and dies and haven’t used them nearly enough. Unfortunately, one of the problems of having great craft supplies is finding the time to use them all. LOL So, thank you, Melanie, for picking the perfect theme for me to ink it up again!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my card started with 12″ cardstock, cut at 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6.” Then, I marked the card front at 1″ on the top and bottom of each side to line up the beautiful edgelit. After that, I cut it off at the score line.
- Once that was done, I cut the Hand-Penned DSP at 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ for the front and 5 3/4″ square for the card inside.
- Then, instead of building the card up at the focal point, I cut the die into the card front, then cut a circle around it before adhering the DSP to the card front.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the nest and cropped it out, then, using a bone folder, gave it a little curl like a real nest would have.
- After that, I stamped the bird in Misty Moonlight ink and used a variety of Stampin’ Blends to give it some color. Then, it was cropped out with the coordinating die.
- For the next step, I cut out the branch three times – in Soft Suede, Garden Green and Basic White. Then, I cut off the leaves from the Garden Green one and glued them onto the Soft Suede. After that, I adhered the entire branch to the white one to give it more substance.
- Before adhering it to the card front, I layered it with the Forever Gold Specialty DSP. Then, I added the flowers and jewels.
- Finally, I stamped the Etched In Nature stamp set sentiment in Soft Suede and cropped it out with the Tasteful Labels banner die and popped up with dimensionals.
MYSTERY BOX SALE!!
There comes a time when every crafter has to clean their craft room. It’s always a very sad day but I know that YOU will be happy with this decision.
Every one of these boxes is filled with:
- 7-8 stamp sets and 1-2 with coordinating dies
- Full spools of ribbon
- Full spools of baker’s twine
- packs of embellishments
Value is at least $200 and I am selling them for $60 each plus $10 priority shipping. First come, first served! Comment below if you are interested and I will send one to your USA mailing address as soon as I receive your Paypal/Venmo/Zelle payment to [email protected]
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Country View Challenges – Birds & Bees
- Crafty Animals Challenge
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Something with “B” (Bird)
- The Paper Shelter Challenge – Dies and/or Punches
- Pearly Sparkles Challenge – Animals, Birds or Insects
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog Begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE