Hey, Crafters! We have a new theme at Cardz 4 Galz and I am the host, so I chose to see your “Slimline Cards.” This card size is so popular right now, and it’s really fun to make! Now it’s time to give it a try if you haven’t tried it yet. Firstly, I don’t think there is a standard size for them so all you have to do is make a tall, skinny card. Because I have some pretty letter size envelopes on hand, I made sure to cut my card base to fit. Then, I began the fun of making a pretty spring card with the Prized Peony bundle.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My Secrets for This Project:
- Firstly, this slimline card started with Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut at 8″ x 8 3/4″ and scored at 4.”
- After that, I cut the Hydrangea Hill designer paper with the new Slimline Stitched Scalloped Rectangle dies from Tutti Designs (TUTTI-681), and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Secondly, I began the really fun process of making the peony flower. Although I was just a little intimidated, it turned out to be very easy. To make this flower, you only need four dies, and they all fit into the next larger die, building the flower. Using those dies, I cut them out using Garden Impressions DSP. However, before building the flower, I sponged So Saffron ink on all of the edges. Then, after that, I constructed the flower, making sure the bottom edges of each piece matched together. For a little more dimension, I placed a mini dimensional between a couple of the layers.
- Once that was done, I just started filling in the areas to go underneath the flower. To achieve that, I used a scrap oval piece and a Flowering Vine oval piece, then added Whisper White ferns and Pear Pizzazz sprigs.
- After that, I stamped Hello and cut it out with a small Ornate Frames die, and backing it up with another in Basic Black cardstock.
- Finally, I added just a few Black Matte Dots for a little touch of bling.
PRIZED PEONY CLING STAMP SET
Give your projects a graceful touch with the Prized Peony Stamp Set. The friendship-based greetings will convey your warm wishes.
*10 cling stamps
Create custom die-cut peonies using the Peony Dies. Pair with the coordinating Prized Peony Stamp set to quickly cut out stamped images.
*17 dies *Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 3-11/16″
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Just Us Girls Challenge
- The Paper Players Challenge
- Paper Funday Challenge
- Simon Says Monday Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog Begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!