Sisterhood of Crafters has a new theme for you all, starting today – “How Does Your Garden Grow? (Create using something you’d find in a garden!).” To begin this project, I combined a couple of different die sets (one new and the other retiring soon). Then, I layered them onto the most unlikely Sand & Sea designer papers. Grace’s Garden is one of those wonderful bundles that I won’t be letting go of for a long time.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I started this card with Crumb Cake 12″ cardstock, cut at 12″x6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the two pieces of DSP at 5″ then cut the “grass” piece with the die from Inspiring Canopy. Once done, I sponged Pear Pizzazz ink over it to give it more of a grass color but letting the neutral color show its wonderful details.
- Then, I adhered the two pieces together and layered onto white cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, the creative part of this card came in a couple of stages. The first one started with stamping the gate, coloring it oh-so-slightly with a Gray Granite Stampin Blends marker, then cutting it out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I stamped four of the plants, coloring them with Stampin’ Blends and cutting those out. It needed something in the background, so I got out the Inspiring Canopy dies and cut the trees with the same paper as the “grass.” After that, I cut the leaves from scraps of Soft Sea Foam, sponged with Pear Pizzazz and glued everything onto the card base.
- Finally, the finishing touches was adding a few little Finches to the card front after I had stamped, colored and cut them out. Then, I made a sign from the “Hello” stamp, cropped it out with a cute little die from Ornate Frames collection and tied Linen Thread into the holes. Once that was done, I popped it up with dimensionals onto the gate.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- As You Like It Challenge Challenge – Spring or Summer: My answer was so easy! Spring is my favorite season! Why? Because living in Michigan, winter can be long and cold. Seeing the sun and nature coming back after a long break is the best!
- Crafty Catz Challenge
- Get Creative Challenge
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge – Animals/Birds
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE