Creative Creases Challenge #
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through April 29th at noon.
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the “Anything Goes with a Fun Fold” challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter.
For my new project, I made a Shadow Box card, using this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers, using the Snailed It bundle. I hadn’t used it yet, so I wanted to play with it. This project came together so quick, shows off both sides of designer paper and folds flat for mailing.
My secrets to making this project
- This shadow box card followed the tutorial pretty well but I did change the card size measurements to 6″ x 6 1/2.” Then, on the 6 1/2″ side, I scored at 1/2″ and 1″ on both pieces of paper.
- After the card base, I cut an oval into the card front. Additionally, I added the Real Red oval to frame the focal point and add a little more interest.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, cut the snail with the coordinating die from the DSP, and layered it only two more pieces of white cardstock to give it some dimension. Then, I cut a circle with the Stitched Shapes dies to anchor it.
- After that, I stamped the mushroom stamp in Memento Black ink and colored it with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Then, it was cropped out with the coordinating die and two more from white cardstock.
- Lastly, I cut the envelope from DSP, folded and adhered it with glue dots. Then, I cut and stamped the “hello” sentiment and adhered it to the envelope.
- To add a personal message, I will add a panel to the back of the card.
I’m submitting this card to:
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Baby/Kids
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge – Feature a Creature
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge – Plant Life
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.