Happy Monday, Crafters! Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today, “Checks and/or Plaids.” We often use these around the holidays or the colder months so I had to think of a way to make them perfect for spring. Stampin’ Up just retired the Best Plaid Builder dies so it just seemed like the perfect time to get them out to play one more time. Once I picked out the pretty colors for the background, I made a simple focal point that didn’t cover it up too much.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card started with Very Vanilla cardstock, cut at 6″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Honestly, I thought the plaid background was the fun part of this card, and the Plaid Builder dies made it as simple as can be! I chose Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, and Gray Granite with the Pearlescent Specialty paper to keep it light and perfect for spring.
- Firstly, I cut the Pearlescent paper for the main layer, then cut the small strips with Gray Granite and Blushing Bride. Once I completed that, I layered them, one by one, onto Mint Macaron cardstock. Then, I ran the entire panel through my die cutting machine with the largest stitched rectangle die a few times to make sure all of the layers got cut all the way through. After that, I adhered this layer to a layer of Gray Granite.
- In order to make the focal point of the card, I stamped the sentiment from Path of Petals in Mint Macaron ink and cropped it out with the Hippo Happiness die. Then, I cut out two more layers to stack up the sentiment just a little.
- Because the card still needed more than just a sentiment, I used the pretty fern die from Forever Flourishing to cut Mint Macaron cardstock. This allows the focal point to take center stage without covering too much of the beautiful plaid background.
- Finally, I found the Faceted Dots to place around the sentiment for a little touch of bling.
BEST PLAID BUILDER DIES – On Sale while Supplies last!
Use the Best Plaid Builder Dies to create plaid patterns in unique sizes and color combinations. Pair the dies with the coordinating Best Year Stamp Set for conventional or elaborate projects. Great for any occasion! * 2 dies
* Largest die: 5-7/8″ x 4-1/4″ (14.9 x 10.8 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog Begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE