Sisterhood of Crafters has two new sisters! I am sure you will love seeing Ina and Lia’s creations! They both are in the gallery for today’s challenge so please go visit their blogs and leave them a comment. Now, onto the new challenge – “Use Yellow.” I must say that yellow is a wonderful color on our cards, but it rarely takes centerstage. Since tulips are my favorite flowers and I just love yellow ones, that was the starting point for my card, using Timeless Tulips stamp set. In addition, it even has a coordinating tulip punch if you are wanting to add some dimension to your card.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This 6″ square card started with Whisper White 12″ cardstock, cut at 12″ x 6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the So Saffron DSP to 5 3/4″ square and adhered it to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, to begin my focal image, I inked up the three different tulip stamps with So Saffron across Whisper White cardstock. Then, I stamped the stems and leaves in Granny Apple Green ink.
- Once that was completed, I used Granny Apple Green and So Saffron Stampin’ Blends to each of the flowers to add a bit more color.
- After that, I cropped it out with the Stitched Rectangle die and layered it onto the Granny Apple Green designer paper.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with the Ornate Frames die and layered the pretty ribbon and die cut underneath.
- Finally, I stamped and colored the butterfly from Positive Thoughts and cropped it out with its coordinating die and added the adorable NEW bumblebee trinkets.
TIMELESS TULIPS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Celebrate spring and life with the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set. It includes a variety of greetings to celebrate Mother’s Day, birthdays, Easter, and spring and to create sympathy and get well cards.
* 15 photopolymer stamps
TULIP BUILDER PUNCH
Create tulip paper shapes using the Tulip Builder Punch. The tulip craft punch includes two shapes: a basic tulip base and a petal piece that can be layered on the base to create fuller and more dynamic flowers. Pair with the coordinating Timeless Tulip Stamp Set to quickly cut out stamped images from the set.
*Largest punched image: 1-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ (3.2 x 4.4 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge – Butterflies, Birds and Bees
- Always Fun Challenge – Pastel Colors
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Something beginning with B (butterfly, bee)
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Winged Creatures
- Make The Cards Challenge – Butterflies
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge – Springtime
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE