Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge starting today – “Things with Wings.” This is one of my favorites because I love adding an image of something living to cards. Since I already had some butterflies that were already stamped and cut from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle, this card came together very quickly.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card is 6″ square, using White 6″ x 12″ cardstock and scored at 6.”
- After that, I covered the front panel with the Old Olive DSP from Beauty of the Earth paper pack. Then, finding a piece of white cardstock that was already embossed in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder, I lightly sponged it with Balmy Blue ink to bring out the dimension before placing it onto the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I chose the butterflies I wanted to use from my stash and began coloring them (colors listed below).
- Then, I stamped the sentiment with Old Olive ink and cropped it out with the Ornate Layers die.
- Before adding the sentiment to the card, I laid a loose bow with adhesive to the card base. Then, I popped the sentiment over the middle of the ribbon.
- Finally, I colored the Faceted Gems with Stampin’ Blends ink and added them to the butterflies.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All About Occasions
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- The Crafting Challenge: Flowers/Butterflies
- Creative Craft Cottage Challenge: Ribbon/Bow
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- AAA Birthday Challenge: Happy Birthday!!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Die or Punches
- Addicted to Stamp Challenge: Die Cuts and/or Stencils
BEFORE YOU GO!
For the new catalog, Stampin’ Up! is giving us extra host rewards!
If your order is at least $250, you will receive an extra $25 !
Or you can buddy up with one or more friends and earn the extra collectively! This offer runs from 4 May–14 June 2021
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE