Alphabet Challenge has a new theme starting today, “D is for Dragons/Dinosaurs” – isn’t that a fun one? Once I knew that my son was expecting a son, I jumped at the chance to purchase the Dino Days stamp set and coordinating dies. Because I have such high hopes that my new grandson, Noah, will love dinosaurs as much as his dad did, I didn’t need to think twice!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this slimline card is just shy of 9″ by 4″ so I cut the Old Olive cardstock to 9″ by 8″ and scored at 4.” At the end, I did end up trimming it about an 1/4″ on both sides.
- Then, I started building up the background layer with White cardstock, Mango Melody cardstock (cut with the Simon Says Stamp Slimline Marquee die). Finally, I added the Dinoroar DSP layer as the final layer.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was complete, I took the Dinoroar DSP and began cutting out all of the whole dinosaurs that were on the sheet with the coordinating dies. I will save the rest for a card later!
- After that, I chose the dinosaurs that coordinated with the background paper, then added the little spiky things to the stegosaurus with Pretty Peacock ink. Then, I glued and popped up the dinosaurs to the card front.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink and cropped it out with the Tasteful Labels, popped it up with dimensionals and added a few rhinestones.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge – A is for Animal
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Things with Wings (Pterosaur)
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Critters, Animals or Birds
- Crafty Animals Challenge
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- The Paper Shelter Challenge – For the Boys/Male
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
For the new catalog, Stampin’ Up! is giving us extra host rewards!
If your order is at least $250, you will receive an extra $25 !
Or you can buddy up with one or more friends and earn the extra collectively! This offer runs from 4 May–14 June 2021
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE