The Sisterhood of Crafters is starting a new challenge today – “Spots and/or Stripes.” We can’t wait to see how you use them on your projects! To begin with, I made a good search of all of my patterned paper for all possible papers. Then, I chose Pampered Pets because I needed a kitty card. To be honest, I am disappointed the the detail on the black cardstock doesn’t want to show up on the billions of photos I took, but it really is nice IRL.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card started with Basic Black cardstock, cut at 6″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- Then, I covered the card base with cardstock cut at 2 3/4″ x 5 5/8″ and DSP cut at 2 5/8″ x 5 1/2 for the card front. Also, Real Red cardstock cut to 5 5/8″ x 4 3/8″ and DSP cut at 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4.”
- Lastly, I marked the card front where I wanted to cut off the edge with the Penned Flowers die. (Can you tell that I am loving a decorative edge lately??)
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I inked up the kitty stamp and colored it with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. Then, it was cropped out with the coordinating die.
- Then, to anchor it to the card front visually, I cut out two hearts from the Be Mined Stitched dies.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Nine Lives and cropped it out with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.
- Finally, I added the little details of Real Red baker’s twine, enamels dots and the sweet little hearts on the corner.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Retro Rubber Challenge (I have had Nine Lives since 2019 and playing across the top – red, pattern paper, something shiny)
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
For the new catalog, Stampin’ Up! is giving us extra host rewards!
If your order is at least $250, you will receive an extra $25 !
Or you can buddy up with one or more friends and earn the extra collectively! This offer runs from 4 May–14 June 2021
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE